• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Evening

Been a cracking day and still a braw night, our back garden (and living room) are more or less west facing so if there's sun we get it. Been making sure I get my vitamin T this evening although I have a wife ensconced on her sofa watching bloody Emmerdale. Slainte.

tenor.gif

Feel a bit daft saying good evening in morning thread........ So good evening on this glorious sunny day ๐Ÿ˜.... Nice glass of Belhaven best beer.... Wife is oot..... Happy days๐Ÿ‘Œ
evening Forest, having to settle for a brandy myself. Of course for medicinal purposes only

Evening all. Had my mate staying over from Switzerland on Monday and Tuesday and then our old neighbour turned up about 9 pm on Tuesday night who had moved to Tenerife a couple of years ago. It was a Tuesday night carnage with our other next-door neighbour joining in the back garden with a fire on and I sensibly retired to bed (sober) at 1 am, my wife followed about 4 am though :lol: Can't say I was at my best at work on Wednesday through lack of sleep! :sleepy:

Evening all......just back from a forest wander.....this was the view above the blane valley, the wee hill at the end is dumgoyne.... And at the bottom is the dumgoyne distillery.... Not that I have ever stopped for free sample๐Ÿคฅ

Attachments

• IMG_20190413_143817.jpg
    IMG_20190413_143817.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_20190413_143817.jpg
    IMG_20190413_143817.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 109
Hi FW.

Looks like a lovely area for a walkabout.
Did you make the Distilary on this journey๐Ÿ˜Ž

I spent this evening getting the handle roughed out on that kukri. It's a bit oversized still and the hilt is going to be reduced right down to flare out flush with the handle.
It's still too big even for my hands so it will take quite a while to sand it to shape. This is it so far, let's hope I don't muff it up now that I've shown you.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

no mate just getting my kit together for the weekend :)

That's Smurf just 'firmed up' (if you excuse the expression), we're running away to the woods for a dutch oven curry and get batfaced. Will need to square my kit away tomorrow although its just an overnighter on saturday.

Hope you have good one mate.

i plan on it mate ...trying to make the effort to get out every 2 weeks now as been a bit stressed at work and the good old out doors and spending a night or two under stars helps to reset the brain :)

Back