• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Ex-Rat

collierboy

Very Addicted
Bird table raider meets a very fast JSB.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_20220329_184146105.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20220329_184146105.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 70
We don’t get many here anyway, the crows tend to drive them off. Truth be known I don’t mind them that much.

Got a Roderick myself on Tuesday, same thing, under the bird table………Missus thought the .243 was a little over the top though! 🤷
Nice, a bit of a pricey round to pop a rat but nice all the same…Inside out?…. Rat jam?

For a start, the ban hasn’t begun yet. I get the impression it’s a bit silly, driven by misinformation, we have a boisterous and active population of jays, they plant oak trees for me so I forgive them anything…they’re definitely not in decline around here.
Today after seeing this in this thread I made sure I counted the magpies that I have in the area and there were only two pairs. On that basis I really don’t feel the need to control their numbers.

I've never shot a rat not in Norfolk anyway.
I would if I could but I've never seen a rat apart from the cat kill.
In Bedfordshire the milking cow shed the manger that was crawling. No3 garden gun made in Germany single shot smooth bore hammer pistol with a real long barrel.
You could fire a 9mm round as well. I'm talking about in the 60's so no smells of burning powder or clanging sirens.
Cartridges were white cardboard and free.
I have shot a few Covid and one Jay I wouldn't now.
Prince Charles did say everybody should go shoot a Magpie
didn't he. I had a sad accident with a very young Doe that had been left hiding in a rough fallen tree back stop area, where I had been shooting. Looking through my lens I noticed a face maybe a Rabbit I walked down and it was a new born.
Would be abandoned now I've interfered with it.
The RSPCA centre only two minutes away by car when I phoned them said let it die. Don't bring it here we won't touch it not allowed to. I was more than slightly surprised and disappiinted.
The acorn spreading thing with Jays is great. Actually round here are a lot of rough growing oak and whatever make trees. I started over thirty years ago collecting acorns and helicopters replanting in the hedge rows. I can't tell you how good it makes me feel to see so many oaks lining the road side.
Potted at first like a nursery then grown larger in bigger pots.
Some folk I give them to for their children. Have a child plant a tree.

I've never shot a rat not in Norfolk anyway.
I would if I could but I've never seen a rat apart from the cat kill.
In Bedfordshire the milking cow shed the manger that was crawling. No3 garden gun made in Germany single shot smooth bore hammer pistol with a real long barrel.
You could fire a 9mm round as well. I'm talking about in the 60's so no smells of burning powder or clanging sirens.
Cartridges were white cardboard and free.
I have shot a few Covid and one Jay I wouldn't now.
Prince Charles did say everybody should go shoot a Magpie
didn't he. I had a sad accident with a very young Doe that had been left hiding in a rough fallen tree back stop area, where I had been shooting. Looking through my lens I noticed a face maybe a Rabbit I walked down and it was a new born.
Would be abandoned now I've interfered with it.
The RSPCA centre only two minutes away by car when I phoned them said let it die. Don't bring it here we won't touch it not allowed to. I was more than slightly surprised and disappiinted.
The acorn spreading thing with Jays is great. Actually round here are a lot of rough growing oak and whatever make trees. I started over thirty years ago collecting acorns and helicopters replanting in the hedge rows. I can't tell you how good it makes me feel to see so many oaks lining the road side.
Potted at first like a nursery then grown larger in bigger pots.
Some folk I give them to for their children. Have a child plant a tree.
You need to help the NHS William, your the only person known to be able to shoot Covid.:rolleyes::rofl:

Back