• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Excel Volante boat project

lee

Slightly Obsessed
Picked up another project to keep busy....

IMG_5672.jpg

Hello Lee, I'm a new recruit but I'm guessing from previous posts you could be the inflatable boat Guru..:D

The cheap inflatable that I use to get out to my sailing boat which lives on a swinging mooring in the summer, is a bit like me...it's coming adrift at the seams...:rofl:
Seriously..I have to roll it up to car transport it and the air tubes are parting company with the wooden transom. I know there are adhesives available but have you got any recommendations for which glue. I think the boat is the cheaper nylon type fabric not the Hyperlon (spelling) The Adhesive needs to be a flexible sort to cope with the rolling/folding of the dinghy.
Thanks in advance..Sax.
P1040799.jpg

Hello Lee, I'm a new recruit but I'm guessing from previous posts you could be the inflatable boat Guru..:D

The cheap inflatable that I use to get out to my sailing boat which lives on a swinging mooring in the summer, is a bit like me...it's coming adrift at the seams...:rofl:
Seriously..I have to roll it up to car transport it and the air tubes are parting company with the wooden transom. I know there are adhesives available but have you got any recommendations for which glue. I think the boat is the cheaper nylon type fabric not the Hyperlon (spelling) The Adhesive needs to be a flexible sort to cope with the rolling/folding of the dinghy.
Thanks in advance..Sax.
P1040799.jpg

Use 2 part pvc glue and prime and clean off all the old glue with pvc primer or thinners. When gluing apply a layer to both, let it dry then apply again and hold, clamp, ratchet strap together.

Last edited by a moderator:
" Use 2 part pvc glue....... " That's great, thanks for the help. Sax.

Back