• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Excited 😆

Madriverrob

Extremely Addicted
Al ( @Bopdude ) and I are out tomorrow for a two night hammock camp . It’s gonna be a new location (in a coastal woodland) in one of North Yorkshire ‘s premier spots ! We can’t disclose it yet as it also got a commercial business running alongside it.We’re going on a scoping mission tomorrow but are hopeful this could turn into a permission and maybe with the possibility of a permanent camp ! Will post some pictures when we’re back but want to tread carefully initially and build a positive relationship with the owner /custodian .

Watch this space ..........

Al ( @Bopdude ) and I are out tomorrow for a two night hammock camp . It’s gonna be a new location (in a coastal woodland) in one of North Yorkshire ‘s premier spots ! We can’t disclose it yet as it also got a commercial business running alongside it.We’re going on a scoping mission tomorrow but are hopeful this could turn into a permission and maybe with the possibility of a permanent camp ! Will post some pictures when we’re back but want to tread carefully initially and build a positive relationship with the owner /custodian .

Watch this space ..........
looking forward to the end result mate

Shave yourself before starting from home, perhaps it's a good idea to visit the hair cutter before, brush your teeth before you speak with them, try to give the owners a more or less civilised impression!

Don't invite them to a squirrel barbecue!

Good luck!

Good luck guys, whatever happens about the permission I hope you have a good time...the weather is supposed to begin clearing over the weekend.

Nice one guys, good luck with it, don't know what it's like round your way but I'm lead to believe a bottle of decent falling over juice is traditional.

Scotch, fruitcake and a nice slab of Wensleydale would be appropriate should you be thinking about receiving ant guests.
Edit, correction....*'any guests'....although ants would surely enjoy a bit of fruitcake as well.

Last edited:
So guys , Al and I had been granted access to some woodland along side boggle hole YHA , it looked promising as a site to develop a permanent camp and is in a fabulous coastal location .

We’ve been there this weekend (separate trip report to follow) and had a top camp . Sadly (for us) its a busy spot and the youth hostel manager has utilised the available woods for visitors with benches , activities and a treasure trail !

The woods are steep sided from the beck and available space for a permanent camp was nigh on impossible to find.Its sadly not gonna be a location suitable as bushcraft permission 😭

We will however be using it as a future location to explore more of the coast.

I’ll post up a trip report later this evening .....

Aye, it was so promising but alas, there are still other spots of the site to explore so maybe hope still, all in all though a very nice spot.

Have you ever visited the woods inland from Sandsend, north of Whitby? I believe it's plantation for the most part.
I've not been there for 30 years but I doubt it's changed that much.

Back