• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Excuse to get out.

Peatburner

Extremely Talkative
I went out on my bike yesterday to test out a couple of new toys.
2020-03-14_15_16_53_141_copy_300x400.jpg

I got a Tesco kitchen utensils holder which I cut a feed hole in to use as a stove. It worked well but I will make a pot support for next time to compare.
I will also make a base for it to raise it off the ground.
IMG_20200314_130238_copy_2592x3456.jpg

IMG_20200314_131948_copy_2592x3456.jpg
IMG_20200314_132236_copy_2592x3456.jpg

The water boiler in no time then I tried out my cast iron pan with a couple of fried eggs. I had seasoned it and the eggs didn't stick so it will come with me when weight isn't an issue.
The utensils holder was about £2.50 and the pan was £7 from TK Maxx.

I've got one of those drainers somewhere, I never got round to doing anything with it though. If us wrinklies have to lock ourselves away as seems likely, it will give me something to play with and develop. Frying pan is a bargain at £7. :thumbsup:

Good job PB.....nothing like using something you have fashioned or made yourself.
Nice frying pan too.....looks like you had a nice day to try it out.....bonus!!

Thanks for sharing mate. :) :thumbsup:

Looks great Peat, glad it went well, how far did you get on your trip ?

Sax, I've done the same, bought one years ago to make a stove and its still sat there winking at me. :rolleyes:

I've got one of those drainers somewhere, I never got round to doing anything with it though. If us wrinklies have to lock ourselves away as seems likely, it will give me something to play with and develop. Frying pan is a bargain at £7. :thumbsup:
They can order us to shut ourselves away sax but here's one wrinkly old git who's going to be going into the woods with his wood gas stove for smokey mugs of tea

That's about right Joe. although I can see their point on this tactic. If too many older, vulnerable people get it by mixing, the ability to look after them all will screw the already struggling system completely. There's plenty of room for me to wander here without causing problems, so like you I'll be outside a fair bit but well away from others.

That's about right Joe. although I can see their point on this tactic. If too many older, vulnerable people get it by mixing, the ability to look after them all will screw the already struggling system completely. There's plenty of room for me to wander here without causing problems, so like you I'll be outside a fair bit but well away from others.
Exactly that mate, its just the application of common sense and when you run out of sanitiser just pee on your hands

I went out on my bike yesterday to test out a couple of new toys.
View attachment 20647
I got a Tesco kitchen utensils holder which I cut a feed hole in to use as a stove. It worked well but I will make a pot support for next time to compare.
I will also make a base for it to raise it off the ground.
View attachment 20648
View attachment 20651View attachment 20650
The water boiler in no time then I tried out my cast iron pan with a couple of fried eggs. I had seasoned it and the eggs didn't stick so it will come with me when weight isn't an issue.
The utensils holder was about £2.50 and the pan was £7 from TK Maxx.

a metal engineers ruler makes a great pan support , easy to cut to size with a hacksaw and raises the pan just high enough 👍

Pretty much this mate, I've tried to convince my mum to give up her classes, not just for her sake but to 'do her bit', she's not quite seeing it that way, she's got quite selfish in her old age, she wasn't, even 10 years ago but there you go, short of locking her in its just a case of trying to 'manage' her.

Pretty much this mate, I've tried to convince my mum to give up her classes, not just for her sake but to 'do her bit', she's not quite seeing it that way, she's got quite selfish in her old age, she wasn't, even 10 years ago but there you go, short of locking her in its just a case of trying to 'manage' her.
Don't fight a losing battle Bam, I find that with Wendy's mum little suggestions work much better than trying to be an organizer

Reactions: Bam
My Sister is 5 years older than me, she's nearly 81, and it's only the fact that she lives in Lincolnshire that I haven't strangled her by now. She will go to Boston Market even if she has to crawl there, in spite of what I suggested about giving it a miss for a while. " I'm not staying in, they're just trying to control us"....She's so Bolshy she makes Genghis Khan seem like a Pussy Cat.
scared0015.gif

Attachments

• scared0015.gif
    scared0015.gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 12
The sun shone and I did over 70 miles on the motorbike..........absolutely essential....... :D

I vote Saxonaxe's sister President of the World!!!

If the world doesn't go completely to rats......planning a boys trip in my canoes for my 2 bros in law and myself, and we'll use a wildish site in the Broads and get out 2 modded lavvus and the Dutch tent, and a admin tarp in the centre. 2 nights, not til beginning of May........ can't wait.........

....I just can't get THAT music out of my mind now.................................mmmm, best take one of my bows............

Back