• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Exped Down sleeping mats......NEVER AGAIN.

Repair kit ordered.......also had a look at the little battery operated mini pump 🤔
Reviews were not very favourable....returns can be a bind apparently......so given it a body swerve.
So may just go for the inflation sack........or might try and fashion one out of the now redundant Exped inflation sack......at least that is still serviceable and may prove useful :rolleyes::D

Repair kit ordered.......also had a look at the little battery operated mini pump 🤔
Reviews were not very favourable....returns can be a bind apparently......so given it a body swerve.
So may just go for the inflation sack........or might try and fashion one out of the now redundant Exped inflation sack......at least that is still serviceable and may prove useful :rolleyes::D
:eek::eek:

Am I on the right site, here?:cool:🤔:confused::evileye::evileye:

Door bell rang and there was the delivery man with the Thermarest mat under his arm.....result. :)

Unboxed the mat and had a good look over it.
First thing to notice was how much stronger the material feels compared to the Exped.........very nice!!
Opened up the new design wing valve and left the mat alone to self inflate for 15 minutes.
While this was going on I got my camp bed down and put it together.......by this time I felt the Mat was about right to lay on.......no oral top up needed.
Placed it on the bed and and laid down.......the mat is nigh on the exact size of the bed....bonus.
Immediately felt the body heat reflecting back from the mat.
Very very comfortable and robust.
With a top up of breath this mat could be used direct to the floor (cleared protected floor) and take out most of the lumps and bumps for the user.......using the 2 inch thickness.

Happy that it will not need a pump.....and inflates very well on its own....and quickly :thumbsup:

Delighted with it and looking forward to some quality and comfortable nights sleep while in Scotland and elsewhere :thumbsup:

Also.....because the mat is flat.....any needed repair will be much easier to do....at home.....or in the field.

For me.....the quality and comfort justifies the cost.

Going for another lay down now.....very happy :rofl:

That sounds really good. I have to say, I find the Multimat the same...no oral top up needed.......but the spin off is delating the thing to pack it away!!!
(I store it at home unpacked...)

Got to say Lol....the deflate was an absolute piece of pee with the Theramarest........the new "wing valve" they have designed works very well.

Good stuff!! I look like I'm wrestling an alligator packing mine up. For lightweight I've bought a Forclaz 700 airbed...early days with that, but will be using the MM SIM in a couple of weeks along with my Good Companions tent for 3 nights....just love that!!!

The airbed I'll save for a wild camp with BB, along with the Smokey Hut?

Back