• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Eye of the Storm

Gulfalan67

Very Addicted
Merry Christmas all.

Hope all are well and enjoying Christmas eve.

Our festive spirits are a little dampened here. It turns out Santa's bringing us a Cyclone, predicted to pass directly over our property on Monday.

Destructive winds predicted to reach 120km/hr. Tomorrow morning ( Christmas morn) my wife and I will rush out and start ratcheting things down and driving additional bolts and anchors into concrete and rock...

Sadly our Turkey bird may not make the oven....

IDD65001.png

Cheers

Alan

Here’s hoping you get away with it and don’t get any damage, best of luck Alan and hopefully you’ll be able to enjoy your Christmas later in the day once it’s passed. 🤞

Merry Christmas all.

Hope all are well and enjoying Christmas eve.

Our festive spirits are a little dampened here. It turns out Santa's bringing us a Cyclone, predicted to pass directly over our property on Monday.

Destructive winds predicted to reach 120km/hr. Tomorrow morning ( Christmas morn) my wife and I will rush out and start ratcheting things down and driving additional bolts and anchors into concrete and rock...

Sadly our Turkey bird may not make the oven....

View attachment 40806

Cheers

Alan
Stay safe mate, our wishes are with you

Thanks everybody!

Appreciate the well wishes of strangers.

We just woke up late (christmas day) -its raining and the tree tops are lashing around already. Dressing and getting tools and steel plates together. The Boy will come with us as substitute for his morning patrol.

We'll do our best.

Merry Christmas to all and their families!

Alan

Thanks everybody!

Appreciate the well wishes of strangers.

We just woke up late (christmas day) -its raining and the tree tops are lashing around already. Dressing and getting tools and steel plates together. The Boy will come with us as substitute for his morning patrol.

We'll do our best.

Merry Christmas to all and their families!

Alan
Best of luck, be safe. Merry Christmas to you too

Hi folks

Hope everybody had a great Christmas day with friends and families and an abundance of good things...

Just relaxing indoors on boxing day after a very wet and windy morning walk to check everything was still in place.

Yesterdays working bee must have paid off -because everything was still in place after a night of howling winds and thunderous rain. The storm hasn't quite arrived yet and the main impacts aren't forecast until this afternoon but my gut feeling is that it won't be as severe as predicted.

My hard working wife metaphorically battening the hatches yesterday with steel plates.
IMG-20211226-WA0002.jpg

I pulled a tarpaulin from a drum of Avgas and found this colourful little fella inside. Brown tree snake,juvenile. Dont see these often...
IMG-20211226-WA0001.jpg

Happy boxing day all

Alan

Good morning/evening Alan, I hope it all goes ok and you get away with it. If there’s any justice you should do after all your hard work over Christmas Day.

Thanks Mike

Its evening now, Boxing day. We've had close to 7 inches rain in 24 hours and the windsock was ripped off its frame on the airstrip but we have otherwise come through unscathed so far. Some more winds forecast for tomorrow
but I believe storm Seth is downgraded to a Tropical Low.

At least the waterways are flushed!

Hope all had a good one

Alan

Back