• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

FAC Air Rifle Recommends??

RunSilentRunDeep

Extremely Talkative
hi everyone,
i was just curious as to what folks thought about FAC rated air rifles (PCP) and which ones are supposedly good ones to go for? i am interested in getting the variation on my ticket but only once ive done my research into these rifles a bit more, dont want to waste money an all that! will be mainly using it for tree vermin such as squizzers and pigeons and the like at a bit more longer distances than i would be happy with the sub 12fpe Ultra. unfortunately stalking closer to most target areas is not an option due to large open spaces (golf course) and using the .22LR is a bit of a no-no for almost all shots other than the occasional tree rat that fancies a run around the grass!haha.
so with that in mind, get your thinking caps on and drop me a line or two on here if you would be so kind! TVM!

dan

I have tried a few spring FAC rifles HW80 was one of them and it was quite harsh compared to a sub 12 ft lbs one , I suppose if it was from a good airgun tuner and you spent enough getting it done you could find one , the Webley Patriot was built to run FAC as well but never tried one , whatever you go for try a few before you commit .

I wonder about some people saying that stay away from hw100 !!!!!! And he thinks that he have come with a new investment !! I think that he didn't owened hw100 fac before, I didn't see such a poor comment about hw 100 fac till now ,,,,, hw100 is Mervilous peace of an art , it's well manefactured and have the best magazine in pcp market , have no problems at all according to other pcp riles , very very sharp till 200 m , the main thing you can complain with that it's more heavy than others, but very rialable gun , I've my hw100 t fsb after trying a lot of springs it's another world

I wonder about some people saying that stay away from hw100 !!!!!! And he thinks that he have come with a new investment !! I think that he didn't owened hw100 fac before, I didn't see such a poor comment about hw 100 fac till now ,,,,, hw100 is Mervilous peace of an art , it's well manefactured and have the best magazine in pcp market , have no problems at all according to other pcp riles , very very sharp till 200 m , the main thing you can complain with that it's more heavy than others, but very rialable gun , I've my hw100 t fsb after trying a lot of springs it's another world

200 metres? Are you sure? :confused:

RSRD, if you're still interested in FAC air, take a look at this South African geezer and the hunting he does with Air Arms FAC rifles. Or have a gander at Ted's Holdover, where he uses Edguns and other aerosols at extreme long range.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MoshDubber/videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/EdgunUSA/videos

About the 200 m l always see that in YouTube, air arms mk2 r10 has aprolem in its magazine

I've never seen anyone on YouTube trying to shoot an air rifle at 200 metres, if memory serves. There are a couple of 100-yard videos I've seen with 12 fpe rifles, but only shooting tin cans. The two people I see regularly shooting beyond 100 metres with FAC air rifles are the two guys in the YouTube links above. They are seriously good shooters with seriously expensive air rifles, and have a lot of experience dealing with windage and elevation compensation. Even they don't shoot out to 200 metres, though -- it's simply too far for such a light projectile, even at FAC power. The elevation compensation alone would be beyond the range of most telescopic sights.

I think you're also confusing your Air Arms and your BSA -- the R10 is from BSA.

What kind of shooting do you do out there in Egypt with your HW100? Targets or hunting?

Yeh guys just usual UK air calibres I'd be interested in as I have my rimfire for longer distances on the ground but the fac air is just for longer tree Bourne targets. I've managed to take a 75yard head shot with my bsa ultra 12ftlb in .22 and I think that was more pure luck and chance than overall skill although I don't think I'm too bad a shot in general I just want to extend my reach so to speak :)

Back