• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

FAIL TO PREPARE,PREPARE TO FAIL

Hello and welcome @prepper elite :) On the subject of mud, I have put down old bits of carpet in gateways and along walkways when it gets really boggy and find this works a treat. Pull it back up when the weather gets better. It works even with horses plodding over it, which is when I discovered it's worth.
I get a local guy with a 6 ton dumper truck to bring some scalpings (granite chippings used in Tarmac) I box these up to the gateways or paths in a tractor link box and spread it on top of bits of manky fleece. I've been battling with replacing blocked/crushed land drains across the paddocks for years. This year there will be another round of laying new land drains that should complete the job. Planting copses of willow and alder in the dips was also part of this program of improving the land.

Back