• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Fallkniven f1 survival

Ark79

Site Manager
Staff member
Anyone have one of these? Any thoughts?

I’ve watched a few vids on these knifes and the only downside I can find is..the handle is a little small . I was thinking on getting a smaller knife..( yes I do have a problem lol) Just thought a would ask yous guys :thumbsup:

The Fjellkniven F1 is the best knife I ever used.
(And I used really a lot of knives, I owned knives of most Scandinavian brands and workt in scout camps with a lot of others too.)

I had the version with leather sheath.

It's a bit to thick to use it as a kitchen knife.
It works, but not perfectly.

This knife would be my first choice if I would go somewhere where I perhaps really would need it as survival knife.

I am 185cm tall and for me the handle isn't to small. I use glove size 10 or 11.

With pleasure!

I read in reviews the knife would rattle a bit in the plastic sheath.
But I don't know if that's really disturbing.

I had one with leather sheath.

I have the A1 with the plastic sheath. It does rattle a little but it’s not a problem.. but I still prefer the after market sheath I got made for it. So I’m not to worried about what sheath I get if I buy the f1 as I will probably get one made for it
BF8B5E07-8AB8-49B2-98BC-C33A42A7103E.jpeg

If you prefer leather, buy the good original leather sheath!

It's a robust but material saving lightweight construction, that fits very well to the relatively light F1.

Ah, I understand!

Probably you should drive around in the country and look where a forge stands next to a pub.

Perhaps you can become friends with a smith too....

Back