• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Fast pack 20l overnight kit .....

Madriverrob

Extremely Addicted
Put together with a quick overnighter in mind , shelter , water ,stove, evening meal , breakfast , brew kit and a couple of protein bars , toilet kit and possibles

I would be wearing all my clothes including hat and gloves 😁👍

ABDBFDB2-20A1-49B4-B835-C8B5C805F40E.jpeg
017AFDD5-74D8-4D6D-8454-9DBC76B85BE2.jpeg
077B9773-6B96-47FE-B7B3-A7EF1DDB4029.jpeg

Try 400% heavier!!!
Going again next week on another river: got to try harder: I'm hoping all up including the ALICE at between 15-17kg? was over 21kg last week I will have a change of clothes............... and a fleece top?
Pack: ALICE...wont go in LK35 :(
S/bag: either vintage Highland synthetic or Snugpak Softie 15 Xtra long
Stove: surplus Army trangia
Tent: Tarp origami again(DD) and a very lightweight nylon tarp as groundsheet
Change of clothes, ablution and first aid kit. Head torch Plastic trowel (Sea to Summit thingy) Sawyer Micro Squeeze for water
Food: surplus boil in bag and a frozen pint of milk

It may not be worth it for a one nighter, but instead of a Boil in the Bag meal, you might lash out on on of these..
This one is 121 grams against my usual Rat Pack meals of 300 grams. They are not cheap at £5.50p but I use them occasionally and they taste ok. Just add boiling water and eat out of the bag.

DSCF6203.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF6203.jpg
    DSCF6203.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: lol
It may not be worth it for a one nighter, but instead of a Boil in the Bag meal, you might lash out on on of these..
This one is 121 grams against my usual Rat Pack meals of 300 grams. They are not cheap at £5.50p but I use them occasionally and they taste ok. Just add boiling water and eat out of the bag.

DSCF6203.jpg

Or make your own dehydrated meals.

Try 400% heavier!!!
Going again next week on another river: got to try harder: I'm hoping all up including the ALICE at between 15-17kg? was over 21kg last week I will have a change of clothes............... and a fleece top?
Pack: ALICE...wont go in LK35 :(
S/bag: either vintage Highland synthetic or Snugpak Softie 15 Xtra long
Stove: surplus Army trangia
Tent: Tarp origami again(DD) and a very lightweight nylon tarp as groundsheet
Change of clothes, ablution and first aid kit. Head torch Plastic trowel (Sea to Summit thingy) Sawyer Micro Squeeze for water
Food: surplus boil in bag and a frozen pint of milk

If its a short trip you can pop a couple immodium before you go and it should bung you up until you're home again.

• Haha
Reactions: lol

DSCF6203.jpg
I think it would be a good idea to stock up on a few of those................thank you :thumbsup:

If its a short trip you can pop a couple immodium before you go and it should bung you up until you're home again.

What about all that mass I'm going to be carrying?????

:whistle::(

I think it would be a good idea to stock up on a few of those................thank you :thumbsup:
In fact just ordered 4, as delivery they say may be slow. Not cheap, but lets have a look.....:alert:

What about all that mass I'm going to be carrying?????

:whistle::(
For short trips it works for me, have another one or two when you're away and you're sorted. I always have tissues for 'just in case' but for short trips its an option mate.

Too dangerous............it would be like bomb clearance!!
(And anyway, I've just bought a super tecno wizardary nano shovel!!!!:poo:)

I did The Peddars Way trail in Norfolk a couple of years ago. High summer and not many places for water, so I was carrying quite a lot. The only weight I could lose was food, so out went the Rat Packs and I used those Summit to Eat which sounds a bit strange as they need water to re-hydrate, but I worked out my water routine/mileage so that I could drink what I carried and arrived at a water point in time to camp and cook.

For tomorrows canoe and lightweight trip, I'm down (well the pack weight is) to 16 kg, including the venerable ALICE pack at over 4 kgs itself!
(No bacon.......):(

Back