• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Fatty fatty bum bum bar

woodstock

Quite Addicted
We are at the moment trying to come up with recipes for high cal/ high energy trail food that has a long shelf life nutritious,lightweight,and above all pleasant.

Here is the first one The fatty bum bum bar
ingredients

1/4 jar Peanut Butter
3/4 sml tin. evaporated milk
good handfull. goji berries
Good handfull .toasted soya nuts
handfull. porrige oats

As you can see this is precise cooking :D

mix all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix well pour mixture onto a sheet of greaseproof paper and cook on a very low heat until it resembles peanut brittle.
Let it cool slightly then cut into pieces about the size of a small bar of chocolate this amount will keep you going most of the day

Pics to follow

Anyone got any good trail food recipes

Need a sweet tooth for that one, might try it as i do like peanut butter :)

I've never been a big fan of peanut butter, so I might have to substitute some cooking chocolate for it, but otherwise, this sounds grand :)

Quick update you can only eat about a quarter as it is really very rich and filling so its worked out better than we expected, we are now going to do a spicey one

It should have the same shelf life as toffee, We will keep a piece back and see how long its edible.

The point of the peanut butter is that is mostly fat and protien, not sugar. Sugar just gives a short hit, protien and fats keep going longer. Think a breakfast of kippers against kendle mint cake.

Back