• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Life In The Wilderness

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Favourite Item Of Army Surplus Clothing/Footwear ?

My recommended item would be the simple but very versatile British Army woolen headover (Buff, neck-gaiter).

It really keeps the chill out when doubled up & worn around the neck & with prices ranging from £3 - £5 it really is a no brainer.

Buy two in order to wear one/wash one ! :thumbsup:

Yep the Puttees are on my hit list, I wish I had had them in Sweden, lesson learned, not that it was too bad as most of the walking was with snow shoes on but they definitely would have been a welcome addition.

ejtrent

Slightly Talkative
I was really impressed with the issue desert boots, strangley I found them highly comfortable and usable even in wet environments - maybe mine had got crusted up over the years with mud but they worked just as well as any basic assault boots ive worn! I now wear the Haix high liability which are a bit of a step up but I do miss the worn in desert boots (which I finally wore through)

Earlier this year I bought my first pair of surplus Haix High Liability boots, and have been really surprised at how comfortable they are. Up to the start of May I think I wore them every day. £30 from Ebay. Bargain.

wildwoodsman

Quite Addicted
Any of the clothing, I buy nothing but army surplus, don't like the new mtp pattern though always soldier 95 pattern. My wardrobe is all olive green and camo haha. Ex military gear is pretty much bombproof, love how hard wearing it all is.