• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Favourite multi tool

I have a few Leatherman multi tools, Swiss Army knives etc...different things for different reasons.
It's important to remember that if a multi tool has a locking blade it is not a legal every day carry and could be confiscated. Wearing them openly on your belt is asking for trouble in some parts of the country. If you want to wear one its best to keep it concealed.

Are Leatherman multi tools getting crappier? This is the second Leatherman wave that has failed me in fairly tame circumstances.
The pliers have failed while cutting a PLASTIC cable tie. A perfect example of an untrustworthy tool...the old super tool never let me down like this.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 101
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    171.5 KB · Views: 99
Yup, you either take them into any shop that sells them or download a form off the web and post them off direct to Whitby's up in Cumbria for a repair or replacement.
It's a bit disappointing for a tool that is supposed to get you out of an emergency situation though.

Hear what you are saying mate and understand your disappointment.
On a positive note, the after sales sounds pretty good.....hope you get it sorted soon.👍

I had a schrade tough tool 01. Lost it last autumn :( was a good one, don't have one at present but will be looking into a new multitool soon. Will see what you guys are using and make a choice from there.

Back