• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Finally done it.

Manthing

Administrator
Staff member
Just dropped the ultra into airtech. First thing he said was "that's a nice stock, don't see many walnut stocks about. But my goodness that bolt push is nasty".
Well that's why it's here.
So gone the full works on it. Stage 2 tune/service and his own reg, trigger work, well basically he strips it and fettles everything, longer titanium cylinder and carbon fiber shroud made for that barrel.
So I'm on dry bread and dripping and dehydrated water for a while. 😆 🤣 😂
Well I will be if Ladything sees and paperwork..😲

Does he remove the crappy push-me-pull-you bolt thingy and replace it with a sensible bolt action like on the later Ultras? :alert:

Mines the SE so it has a normal "up and back" blot action.
He says the probe can bend though and is going to fit a new one.
He showed me an R10 that was ready to send back out and the was just a finger tip super smooth action.

Last edited:
My old Ultra se went to the RAT Works some years ago for fettling.

Attachments

• DSC_0181~3.jpg
    DSC_0181~3.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 87
Just dropped the ultra into airtech. First thing he said was "that's a nice stock, don't see many walnut stocks about. But my goodness that bolt push is nasty".
So gone the full works on it. Stage 2 tune/service and his own reg, trigger work, well basically he strips it and fettles everything, longer titanium cylinder and carbon fiber shroud made for that barrel.
Good evening,as I am looking at going down the Airtech route with my Ultra SE,would you be prepared to give a review on the finished results?.
Thanks,Steve

Good evening,as I am looking at going down the Airtech route with my Ultra SE,would you be prepared to give a review on the finished results?.
Thanks,Steve
When I get the fecker back I will. 😬
He must be very busy at the moment setting the shop up as I've heard nowt. 😧
But yes I'll give it a full chrono test and see how it's is. I've no doubt it will be something a bit spesh.
Keep an eye on the website as he's practically closed it down atm so he can concentrate on the shop. I should have sent it in ages ago to avoid the obvious delay the shop and workshop move is causing.
I'll give him another poke this week and see what's happening.

When I get the fecker back I will. 😬
He must be very busy at the moment setting the shop up as I've heard nowt. 😧
But yes I'll give it a full chrono test and see how it's is. I've no doubt it will be something a bit spesh.
Keep an eye on the website as he's practically closed it down atm so he can concentrate on the shop. I should have sent it in ages ago to avoid the obvious delay the shop and workshop move is causing.
I'll give him another poke this week and see what's happening.
Thank you muchly :)

DON'T LEAVE THE RECEIPT IN YOUR JEANS POCKET

Back