• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Fire?

Rich123

Slightly Talkative
Watched a video about a chap using a Scotch eyed T Auger to make an inch hole in a log/round of wood. He then made another at the horizontal so the holes matched up. He then lit it with a bit of kindling, does this actually burn the log or do you have to feed it with bits of wood. The bottom hole caused the thing to such in air and it seemed a good idea to me, fun too. Is this technique common, is it a good long bush fire?

Rich.

It's a cross between a rocket stove and a Swedish torch, I've never seen it done "in the flesh" but I've heard of it. I doubt it's that common because splitting the log and removing the heartwood for a Swedish torch is far quicker done with an axe.
The stove you describe can be started really easily with a candle stub.

Last edited:
If you have a link then pop it in the YouTube section đź‘Ť A would like to see that :D sounds interesting

Back