• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Firearms consultation

So, pretty much not bad news then and seemingly the public (or those that responded) are on board with the shooting community.
It appears all those police chief cumbersomes exceeding the guidelines on medical checks were in fact wrong to do so.
Would love the chance to contribute to the crowd action against them.

I always make damn sure I respond to those consultations. BASC doesn’t really represent all of my views on the matter of firearms. Blame ACPO for the way Chief Constables have been behaving since Devon constabulary screwed up..it’s been a massive arse covering exercise.

I read a surprising statistic the other day, Dyfed Powys had one of the highest rates of legal firearms ownership in the UK with one firearm for every 11 people and the second lowest rate of gun crime at the time the statistics were last compiled. Most of the gun crimes were non violent and related to theft of shotguns.

Last edited:
I think it's crazy to lump in non licensed airguns to the firearms stats.
There are around 6 million in England and Wales and 99.9% will be used properly from original sale to end of life.

I think it's crazy to lump in non licensed airguns to the firearms stats.
There are around 6 million in England and Wales and 99.9% will be used properly from original sale to end of life.
The figures that I quoted are just for FAC and SGC and do not include ordinary airguns but I do completely agree about sub 12 f/lbs airguns squewing some statistics on gun ownership and gun crime. The media are even worse for taking a statistic and presenting it in the most inflammatory way possible…..as a for instance, violent crime in Builth wells soared by 2600% in August, simply because July was a quiet month where nothing much happened and there was a lot of drinking during the very hot weather which resulted in some rowdy behaviour in August.

Last edited:
Back