• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Firebox gen2

Don't take my flippant replies too seriously; they are undoubtedly good: I just couldn't afford one, so I made one out of a £1.99 kitchen utensil drainer-not quite the same perhaps!! I was inspired by "Simon, a Bloke in the Woods" U Tube video on stoves?

But my "go to" is my Swedish army Trangia...……....

Reactions: Oot
Aye sold a few things had the money and always wanted one... As a old departed friend once said... You don't leave money when you die.... You get took away from it.. Well that isn't me enjoy it..... 👍

Aye sold a few things had the money and always wanted one... As a old departed friend once said... You don't leave money when you die.... You get took away from it.. Well that isn't me enjoy it..... 👍

Bloody right...…...

Reactions: Oot
Well the deed was done early this morning and my firebox is dirty😭.... What a bit of kit...... Burns great and i have owned many wood burners but this is the best by far, loaded it up so could get the grill plate on top and cook some sausages. But pics of that will have to wait as my lovely collie dog could not wait till they where cooked... Thieving & #:'%_&.....Never seen a dog move so fast 😠

Attachments

• IMG_20190429_113230.jpg
    IMG_20190429_113230.jpg
    633.1 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_20190429_112223.jpg
    IMG_20190429_112223.jpg
    479.8 KB · Views: 146
Well the deed was done early this morning and my firebox is dirty😭.... What a bit of kit...... Burns great and i have owned many wood burners but this is the best by far, loaded it up so could get the grill plate on top and cook some sausages. But pics of that will have to wait as my lovely collie dog could not wait till they where cooked... Thieving & #:'%_&.....Never seen a dog move so fast 😠
So you begrudge the dog a few sausages you miserable sod 🤣:lol:

Well done on getting it dirty lol, interestingly I found this this morning

This is more my budget, it'll look fine after a few burns to give it a little colour.

At £90 iit a little bit more than a whim purchase for me, I can see why you'd want one but at that price I'd rather try to make something up. (Tight as a ducks a**e, that's me)

I thought the same as that , it is expensive ( I got mine as a birthday gift ), the build quality is fantastic , its robust , versatile and hard wearing . As a base camp stove it works really well with a wide range o fuel sources , most importantly scavenged deadfall wood . Ive brewed up on it , cooked full meals and sat and watched it at the close of the evening . Never had a problem getting it to go and it is easy to control the burn form a fierce roaring fire down to hot coals for BBQ .

It's downside is that it is heavy and initially expensive ........

Its a yes from me ........ 👍

Let us know what it's like when it arrives. I might be laying the blame on Bopdude too, depending on what you think. :lol:

AS per instructions ;) ...…..
Well, it's arrived, so first impressions.....
Compared to a Lixada or similar; it's big: it's not a back pocket stove, and the cooking top is about a piece of toast size??
It'll take a good a good load of wood, although you can use a meths burner or anything...spent Uranium rods will work, but don't slow cook with them :cool:
It's sturdy, robust and quite cheap, and has a handy zip up canvas bag.
However, I found on mine at least that the plate that collects the ash didn't quite fit in its slots. Can't think why I'd want it, but if so, 2mins with a file will sort it.....
I'll fire it up tomorrow afternoon to see how it goes?

Last edited:
Nothing like the first burn with a new stove mate.
Have fun...... Look forward to the pictures and write up.

"Spent Uranium rods indeed"...... :D

Granny eggs and sucking, sorry if its common knowledge, the ash plate is sided iirc so will fit better one way than the other, again, I think so?

:whistle: Praps not the best opener Bopdude?? But I know what you meant!! And you're right, it did hit my little brain eventually, but of course dimensions don't often change when inverted? Ask any Australian!!

Ok, again as per instructions.....
1/boils bloody fast...like the old uranium trick!! Way faster than gas or Trangia, but you can get enough wood in there to compare with the centre of the sun, when lit!
2/will need pliers for the door gets hot, surprise, surprise, but focusses the heat well
3/ the Dremel allowed fitting of the bottom plate, but why would you?
4/ for £20 it's a doer, and I think I'll use this...... 👍
Right...piccies.....

Attachments

• IMG_20190510_142438.jpg
    IMG_20190510_142438.jpg
    428.1 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_20190510_142624.jpg
    IMG_20190510_142624.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_20190510_142448.jpg
    IMG_20190510_142448.jpg
    337.4 KB · Views: 124