• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

First Aid

IAM ODIN

Extremely Talkative
Hello all, not posted doe a wee while but been rather busy at work.
I work in Healthcare so im sure you understand.
Anyhoo, my medical history is as a former British Army Combat Medic and i have been a Nurse in numerous environments for 20 years now. Im qualified in numerous fields so with that in mind i may be able to offer both knowledge and skills that many of you may find useful from time to time when you are out and about. Don't hesitate to ask.

Anyhoo, my medical history is as a former British Army Combat Medic and i have been a Nurse in numerous environments for 20 years now. Im qualified in numerous fields so with that in mind i may be able to offer both knowledge and skills that many of you may find useful from time to time when you are out and about. Don't hesitate to ask.
excellent thanks for the offer im sure you will taken up on it :)

Haha
2 brufen now get outta my face. Thats the army answer.
Drink water before bed is the correct answer :)

It was the same in the navy, you could turn up at sickbay with a leg fallen off and you'd be given a couple of brufen. And told to F off. :lol:

Thanks for the generous offer of sharing your knowledge, its good of you mate and kudos for doing your thing still. Must be tough for you boys and girls at the moment, I think you have the nation's respect.

It was the same in the navy, you could turn up at sickbay with a leg fallen off and you'd be given a couple of brufen. And told to F off. :lol:

Thanks for the generous offer of sharing your knowledge, its good of you mate and kudos for doing your thing still. Must be tough for you boys and girls at the moment, I think you have the nation's respect.
Haha i remember one night in Germany whwn i was on med centre duty medic. A ypung squaddie came in pished up and started slagging off the civi nurse. He had a wee head wound from a fight which needed stitching... so i closed the wpund with a few stitches but also added a button from my combat jacket to the mix. He came back the next day with his tail between his legs to apologise to the nurse and politely request button removal.

Haha i remember one night in Germany whwn i was on med centre duty medic. A ypung squaddie came in pished up and started slagging off the civi nurse. He had a wee head wound from a fight which needed stitching... so i closed the wpund with a few stitches but also added a button from my combat jacket to the mix. He came back the next day with his tail between his legs to apologise to the nurse and politely request button removal.

Pmsfl 😂😂

Brilliant. :lol: On submarines the primary job of Medics was nuclear physics and their 'scab lifting' duties were a bit remiss. After one particular mess deck friendly scuffle (which involved a copious amount of loud mouth soup) we all extracted ourselves off the guy at the bottom of the pile and his leg was at a bit of an angle. My (and a couple of other guys) opinion was he'd 'fecked it', but the scab lifter (who was involved in the mass piley on was he'd just "done a ligament". Long story short, we managed to get the guy off and away to a local hospital, he'd broken his ankle. :eek: The guys who took him to the hospital were able to join us in the boozer thankfully. :lol: Anyhoo...... here's two brufen.... :rofl:

A classic from a Medic to someone who had badly " scoped " themselves. " Don't come in here bleeding all over the place, wait there a moment"
anim_59.gif

Attachments

• anim_59.gif
    anim_59.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 19
Have recently retired as an RRV paramedic, and one of my mates who trained with me (we both joined as ....er ...older entrants!!) was a medic from 3 Para....barking mad, wonderful, and the best mate you could have.......

Back