• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

First gear of the year

I am after an all purpose bushcraft knife, preferably thick on the top just incase it needs a whack to split some kindleing.....

I like this style but I feel my pockets wont be deep enough :rofl:

Capture.PNG

Look at the A Wright website David, they're Sheffield knife makers...I may be able to get a discount on some of their range.
Bill, I think there are already some on the site but I'll post some more.

Here you go Bill, I originally bought it as a bone saw but have never got around to doing my DSC1 so it never got used 🙁
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    274.7 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    256.2 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    162.8 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    180 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    206.2 KB · Views: 82
I am after an all purpose bushcraft knife, preferably thick on the top just incase it needs a whack to split some kindleing.....

I like this style but I feel my pockets wont be deep enough :rofl:

View attachment 31138

Can't go wrong with a Mora in the short term David.
Morakniv-Companion-Heavy-Du.jpg

A tenner and work fine for me.

Attachments

• Morakniv-Companion-Heavy-Du.jpg
    Morakniv-Companion-Heavy-Du.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 18
Bought my son a mora, similar to the one above, actually got it on here, very cheep and it’s definitely a workhorse, holds a reasonable edge
I can't fault them Mark, as you say, take a good edge and while I haven't broken one yet, if I do, its no biggy at the cost of them. Only downside is you need to keep them dry as they're carbon and not stainless steel.

1615446820959-1519547880.jpg

Huge thanks to lol for sending me out 2 of these side pockets. They add loads of room to the pack an will be great for additional kit sets that I don't use on my everyday ramble. I can just have them packed up ready an snap them on when needed. Cheers buddy!

A friend has and uses one (Boar)...it is beautiful. Also "Simon, a Bloke in the Wood" has done a sensible video on knives..?
I use a more budget Boker Magnum Elk...................

Back