• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

First visit to local lake

elsenham177

Slightly Addicted
20220210_114238.jpg 20220210_114135.jpg 20220210_114059.jpg
Yesterday I fished at a venue which is not far from my home. It comprised of two lakes one large and the other smaller. They are both stocked with mixed species. Unfortunately it looks like it was part of a club who have given up and now the land owner is letting it as a day ticket. It looked like there had been very little maintenance with a lot of the swims in disrepair, paths were overgrown. I had the place to myself, but still blanked. I tried several areas and as the morning went on I started to see fish moving to the surface, so I know there are fish there. I will definitely go back as I liked that wildness, it made you use your watercraft. Next time I will take some cutting tools to make the swims I use more accessible.

Lovely lakes Els.....what a smashing venue :thumbsup:

Wont take much to clear the swims to make things more comfortable/fishable.
Will they allow overnighters.........small bivi shelter maybe......brews and scran to hand in the wild :)

Hope you connect next time out.....what a find.....look forward to more in the future.

Tight Lines.

Lovely lakes Els.....what a smashing venue :thumbsup:

Wont take much to clear the swims to make things more comfortable/fishable.
Will they allow overnighters.........small bivi shelter maybe......brews and scran to hand in the wild :)

Hope you connect next time out.....what a find.....look forward to more in the future.

Tight Lines.
Over night fishing by arrangement with the owner. But judging by the amount of emptying beer bottles and cans in the swin closest to the car park I don't think it will happen. I have a feeling during covid there were people using it who had no intention to fish. It would make a great place to camp though.

Back