• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Fish mouth expanding tool

RobertL

Quite Talkative
A nice tool that has many uses, is a tool that is spring loaded and originally used to hold open fish mouths. Also it can be used to insert into a metal canteen mouth so you can hang it over a fire to heat/boil liquids.
Might be able to post picture if that is permitted.

A nice tool that has many uses, is a tool that is spring loaded and originally used to hold open fish mouths. Also it can be used to insert into a metal canteen mouth so you can hang it over a fire to heat/boil liquids.
Might be able to post picture if that is permitted.
Post away

Since no one posted pictures I thought I’d post them. It’s a generic sort of tool with very little variation
IMG_0937.jpeg
IMG_0938.jpeg

I remember one of them from my childhood, I think it was my grandfather's. Useful bit of kit.
Mark wont want one of those Paul, a very small pair of forceps will do the job for him:whistle:

Back