• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Fisherfield Six

Nice video smurf :thumbsup: Mate that’s some heavy blisters your sporting at the end of the video:eek:
Cheers Ark :) Aye the blisters were unexpected. I think it's from wearing the gaiters all day where they prevent your boot from breathing. My feet were all sweated up where usually it's not a problem. The heavy terrain didn't help and I also tore a seam on my 2-year old boots in the boulder field. I'll get leather ones next time and the gaiters are coming off once unless it's really boggy in future...

@MildredsSmurf

What a cracking video mate......thanks for sharing it.:thumbsup:

Total respect to you guys......that was quite a climb over some difficult and challenging terrain..... and packing weight too.
How high do you think you climbed?
My Sherifs Badge was puckered up just watching that :D

I can fully appreciate @Bam giving the hike a body swerve.....not a hike for anyone coping with an old injury.

The plates of meat took a hammering and looked bloody sore.....did you powder your feet before the start?
I felt for you when the video showed the Midges in the tent.......the last thing you need when you're hanging out of your arse needing peace......and a rest and brew......little gits have no respect :rofl:

Brilliant trip guys and stunning scenery :thumbsup::)

Thanks Bam. I've not written anything yet as I've been making a video instead. I'm usually too busy trying to keep my balance than to take video. This wee 'Apeman' cam I bought off Amazon and strapped to my head however captured the journey quite handily. I've just finished this video of our adventure.

Brilliant video boys, so9me rough treking up there up there so very well done

@MildredsSmurf

What a cracking video mate......thanks for sharing it.:thumbsup:

Total respect to you guys......that was quite a climb over some difficult and challenging terrain..... and packing weight too.
How high do you think you climbed?
My Sherifs Badge was puckered up just watching that :D

I can fully appreciate @Bam giving the hike a body swerve.....not a hike for anyone coping with an old injury.

The plates of meat took a hammering and looked bloody sore.....did you powder your feet before the start?
I felt for you when the video showed the Midges in the tent.......the last thing you need when you're hanging out of your arse needing peace......and a rest and brew......little gits have no respect :rofl:

Brilliant trip guys and stunning scenery :thumbsup::)

Thanks Willie and Joe, glad you enjoyed watching it :)

The highest hill is the challengly named 'Mullach Coire Mhic Fhearchair' and that was the one with the boulder fields and mild scrambling. It is 3,330 ft (1015 m). Luckily our camp at Lochan Fada was a 1000ft up.

The blisters were a surprise as I walked 24 miles the previous week with no problem in those boots and have done a lot of hills in them. I think the goretex doesn't like gaiters obstructing breathability as my feet were way more sweaty than usual and the skin went soft - good shout on the powder!

I thought I'd sussed out a way to avoid midges when cooking and hanging out the tent by zipping the tent around me, but as you can see I failed miserably :lol:

Totally agree with the Gortex and gator theory mate :thumbsup:
It was probably the Boulder Field that put the most pressure on the feet..... and accounted for the majority of the damage?

Still a great trip mate.....roll on the next one :):thumbsup:

It was probably the Boulder Field that put the most pressure on the feet..... and accounted for the majority of the damage?

Agree that it was the boulders that caused it, I need to lace the boots a bit tighter as well methinks :thumbsup:

A bit more sedate this weekend, just out for a wee wild camp in Devilla forest. The scran will be better too. :)

Back