• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Fishing again lol

Ark79

Site Manager
Staff member
Out for a comp today. Heaviest bag wins :cool:

2 already :D 1 at 2.3 and the other 2.5 :D
703EB0B0-0801-4414-B32C-4DB5D73A6AC0.jpeg
71722529-91C0-4BB2-9DC4-9EFD70F28CEA.jpeg

Way to go Mark......nice looking fish mate.....good luck with the competition :thumbsup:
Keep the updates and pictures coming :):thumbsup:

Cheers for the comments lads:thumbsup:

Unfortunately I didn’t win having only caught 2 lol even with the lead weights I stuffed down it’s throat to up the weight :whistle::whistle::rofl: only kidding :cool:

Still a fun day tho.. one thing I learned and am glad I learned it before February....my thermals just don’t cut the mustard :thumbsdown:

Sorry about the lack of pictures:sad: it was rather cold :rofl:

Cheers for the comments lads:thumbsup:

Unfortunately I didn’t win having only caught 2 lol even with the lead weights I stuffed down it’s throat to up the weight :whistle::whistle::rofl: only kidding :cool:

Still a fun day tho.. one thing I learned and am glad I learned it before February....my thermals just don’t cut the mustard :thumbsdown:

Sorry about the lack of pictures:sad: it was rather cold :rofl:

@Ark79

Hi Mark.

Not wanting to take your thread off track.

But noticed your comment re your thermals.

Just a suggestion have a look at "Under Armour" and "Helly Hensen" as an alternative maybe?
I use both for shooting and for wild camping and they perform well.....comfortable to mate:thumbsup:

@Ark79

Hi Mark.

Not wanting to take your thread off track.

But noticed your comment re your thermals.

Just a suggestion have a look at "Under Armour" and "Helly Hensen" as an alternative maybe?
I use both for shooting and for wild camping and they perform well.....comfortable to mate:thumbsup:

Cheers bill:thumbsup: will have a look at them later mate:D
A have a pair of fladen Marino wool ones saved on the bay also. Rather dear lol

Sometimes it's better to invest a little bit more.........., especially in the Winter kit.
The price tag is justified when you feel warm...dry...and safe in the knowledge you are protected as best you can be.
Washing them with care... as well as the quality..... prolongs the life and returns good use for your investment.

I think as we get older the body needs a bit more help to cope well with conditions.....add to that the use of medications and ailments........the kit....and what you buy become more important.

Many moons ago we used to use Ladies Tights as a base layer.....so much better than the old cotton thermals that were issued.....only fit for cleaning your rifle:rofl::rofl:.....JUST!!

Back