• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Fishing clothes at Aldi (21st Jan)

G1ZmO

Site Manager
Staff member
Noticed these if anyone is interested?
Are neoprene wellies worth getting?
2020-01-21 17.32.35.jpg

Definitely Paul, can’t go wrong with neoprene wellies, tho if you do get a pair then buy a pair of gel insoles also. Will make all the difference mate. Also (you will probably know lol) buy the next size up. If there doing the small fishing lures again then grab yourself some,there dynamite for trout,perch and pike :thumbsup:

Definitely Paul, can’t go wrong with neoprene wellies, tho if you do get a pair then buy a pair of gel insoles also. Will make all the difference mate. Also (you will probably know lol) buy the next size up. If there doing the small fishing lures again then grab yourself some,there dynamite for trout,perch and pike :thumbsup:

The reviews on those wellies don't look too good though !

"Are neoprene wellies worth getting"??

On my second pair of "MUCK BOOT" Neoprene boots......and rate them highly.....very well made and easy to repair if you need to.
Some of the Neoprene boots out there do not have the same insulating properties/ soles nor build quality as the Mucks.

Just as well buy ordinary rubber wellies.:(

The Muck Artic Sport are brilliant in snow/slush........ and very cold water......but they cost quite a bit more :(

The ones I have are used a lot for shooting as well as camping.......so it kind of justifies the outlay in my case.
They are not good on exposed tree roots and smooth rock......but then neither are most of the day to day leather boots we wear.

After a couple of days of wearing conventional leather boots that will more than likely become wet and damp....cold and hard to warm up/thaw......snap the laces to tie them :D the true value and comfort of these boots will shine through.
No laces to tie.....slip them on and off.

They do not have the best breathability so its a good idea to powder you feet and wear dry socks each and every morning.

As @Ark79 says above.....go one size bigger if you can push the boat out.

"Are Neoprene wellies worth getting?"

Most definitely "Yes".........if you buy the right ones :thumbsup:

"Are neoprene wellies worth getting"??

On my second pair of "MUCK BOOT" Neoprene boots......and rate them highly.....very well made and easy to repair if you need to.
Some of the Neoprene boots out there do not have the same insulating properties/ soles nor build quality as the Mucks.

Just as well buy ordinary rubber wellies.:(

The Muck Artic Sport are brilliant in snow/slush........ and very cold water......but they cost quite a bit more :(

The ones I have are used a lot for shooting as well as camping.......so it kind of justifies the outlay in my case.
They are not good on exposed tree roots and smooth rock......but then neither are most of the day to day leather boots we wear.

After a couple of days of wearing conventional leather boots that will more than likely become wet and damp....cold and hard to warm up/thaw......snap the laces to tie them :D the true value and comfort of these boots will shine through.
No laces to tie.....slip them on and off.

They do not have the best breathability so its a good idea to powder you feet and wear dry socks each and every morning.

As @Ark79 says above.....go one size bigger if you can push the boat out.

"Are Neoprene wellies worth getting?"

Most definitely "Yes".........if you buy the right ones :thumbsup:

My missus has a pair of Muck boots for dug walking and she's had them that long the grips are wearing down. She's a fan and she's a picky cow. :lol:

I found Muckboots to be light, warm and comfortable but they've quite soft soles and don't stand up to a lot of hard wear. If I get 12 months out of a pair I'm happy...my Purofort are really heavy by comparison but have lasted at least six years so far and have cleats on the soles like tractor treads

Last edited:
Reactions: Bam
I have aigle neoprene lined welly’s with vibram soles and they are brilliant. I don’t wear them as much as I should as I like leather boots too much but they are warm and all day comfortable. Pricey but I’ve had them a fair while.

Moving on from wellies I’ve found the neoprene gloves to be good for bushy type stuff where you are handling g damp wood, leaves etc and can’t keep gloves dry. Mine have peel back trigger finger for using a phone, fiddly stuff, shooting etc.

Neoprene gloves are also excellent when you're doing steelwork or handling machines in sub zero temperatures ...otherwise the steel sucks the heat from your hands almost instantly. I don't suffer from circulation issues but handling frozen steel is agonising without them.

Back