• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Fishing with Erik ......

Madriverrob

Extremely Addicted
I had a few hours spare on Saturday, Storm Erik was still around , it was cold and gusty but what the hell , it’s better than being at home 🤪.

Fishing was slow but I was outside and I didn’t blank , had a few skimmers , a bream and a a half decent perch ( muted markings because it’s in the pond I think ) .

Other lad fishing nearby was catching on the pole , I need to get a 8m margin pole soon .

Few pics for you .....

Happy days ya lucky sod :D

my theory on The light markings on the perch (nice size by the way) is the temp of the water 👍

Happy days ya lucky sod :D

my theory on The light markings on the perch (nice size by the way) is the temp of the water 👍

Good point , was around a pound or so , markings were reall non descript , fish were sluggish , no carp around where normally there are loads .....

Av seen people catch carp in the winter months.....every time I’ve tried I blank ....must be a technique to it lol

Looks a nice place 👍

Local pond close to home , fiver a day and usually quiet , campsite also so a great little place to hang out .....

Is well stocked and and the owner is really friendly .

Buzzers Pond , Kirby Moorside , North Yorkshire ...

Back