• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Fjallraven Canada shirt

Ark79

Site Manager
Staff member
Just got myself one of these 😁 anyone have one ? On the expensive side right enough but I’m hoping worth the money 🤞 I’m not really a fan of jackets.. so I wanted something like a jacket but not a jacket (I’m complicated lol) well that’s how I’m justifying it to myself 😂

Last edited:
nice looking shirt but Jesus Murphy that company knows how to ask the moon doesn't it?
reminds me of the anorak one of the Youtuber guys I watch likes to wear. i thought it was pretty cool until i stumbled across the asking price: £450 ffs!
that's probably a good guess at the price of my whole set of outdoors gear.
almost had me thinking that i was too poor to go bushcrafting. and then i remembered that i used to spend whole summers running around in the woods with nothing but my undies, a wee bag of cheddar Ritz crackers and a beat-up old Colt knife. not exactly glamping but i had a good time, to (loosely) paraphrase Mr Walsh.

nice looking shirt but Jesus Murphy that company knows how to ask the moon doesn't it?
reminds me of the anorak one of the Youtuber guys I watch likes to wear. i thought it was pretty cool until i stumbled across the asking price: £450 ffs!
that's probably a good guess at the price of my whole set of outdoors gear.
almost had me thinking that i was too poor to go bushcrafting. and then i remembered that i used to spend whole summers running around in the woods with nothing but my undies, a wee bag of cheddar Ritz crackers and a beat-up old Colt knife. not exactly glamping but i had a good time, to (loosely) paraphrase Mr Walsh.

Ah the good old days 😁 remember them well .. also ran around in the undies, but I had a jam sandwich or a brown sauce sandwich with me ..

Fjallraven are expensive, that be true , I do have to say tho everything iv bought has been worth the punt , out surpassing seeland and ridgeline by a far margin IMO… I don’t really buy much clothes but when I do I want years from them lol , mostly walk about in my overalls or bushy gear

I liked the description in the ad - ‘Super tough, warm and ‘reassuringlyheavy’ ?

I’ll tell myself that the next time I’m hauling my winter-load ruck uphill and down dale. 🤣

Price-wise if you look what some were asking at the height of the release of the Austrian surplus ‘alpine’ woollen pullover/cardigans it’s not that much more expensive.

But no one tell him - stripes are in this season! 😂

Just got myself one of these 😁 anyone have one ? On the expensive side right enough but I’m hoping worth the money 🤞 I’m not really a fan of jackets.. so I wanted something like a jacket but not a jacket (I’m complicated lol) well that’s how I’m justifying it to myself 😂
I will have a go at justifying the purchase of the aforementioned garment to yourself in one word Mark................

TART ! :lol:

Well I’m not getting my shirt 🤷🏼‍♂️ Beware of snowleader ! This is how much I paid to get my shirt to me 👎
EECC75C2-0178-46CD-BB5D-99BAA802A698.jpeg

Just had an email and they want another £44.50 to deliver my shirt , I was given an option to pay the £44.50 or not pay an have it returned…. No hesitation on my part RETURN keep your shirt 👎👎

O’eck! Sorry to hear that.

Ive ordered an Austrian surplus shirt on Etsy from a Lithuanian company and have since been wondering if I’ll get stung by import duties.

I’d already tried with an Austrian company who said that they had given up sending to the U.K. because there was so much hassle.

Looking at your advert - ‘Taille‘ (size) suggests a German/Austrian/Swiss company (unless the Scandies use the same word).

There’s defo a lot of awkwardness going on since we left the EU.

O’eck! Sorry to hear that.

Ive ordered an Austrian surplus shirt on Etsy from a Lithuanian company and have since been wondering if I’ll get stung by import duties.

I’d already tried with an Austrian company who said that they had given up sending to the U.K. because there was so much hassle.

Looking at your advert - ‘Taille‘ (size) suggests a German/Austrian/Swiss company (unless the Scandies use the same word).

There’s defo a lot of awkwardness going on since we left the EU.

To say I’m unhappy would be an understatement .. in there original email it only mentioned there would be a possible VAT charge to pay through delivery, bust as it clearly shows on the picture above I paid the VAT … so it’s a sub charge they’ve tried to slip in 👎👎

Unfortunately the import duty is applied by the shipping company acting as an agent for HM customs and excise, not the person selling the item. It is possible to pay the tax at the point of purchase and the seller then adds an IOSS number to the customs form, They also need to add a six digit tariff number. With these numbers it also arrives much more quickly…
EU red tape has been screwing up our online sales quite a bit since we left Europe.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the import duty is applied by the shipping company acting as an agent for HM customs and excise, not the person selling the item. It is possible to pay the tax at the point of purchase and the seller then adds an IOSS number to the customs form, They also need to add a six digit tariff number. With these numbers it also arrives much more quickly…
EU red tape has been screwing up our online sales quite a bit since we left Europe.

Understand that mate , it’s more the misleading email from the company that’s got me annoyed.

Back