• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Flexi stove

Madriverrob

Extremely Addicted
Picked one of these up on recommendation. £7 from MRE empire .
I think it was trialled for military use but didn’t go into service (?) . Is designed for use with crusader mug and gel blocks but as you can see and as the name suggests it will take other cups also …..

In my view worth it as an option and for £7 delivered not to big a hit … I’ve actually ordered another for future ops 😁

BFE8AE08-425B-4723-B6B6-85D05E59AC11.jpeg
03C80A58-FA7C-4D05-AD62-57152C87074B.jpeg
C4A05E8C-EF5C-4EE6-8B48-E4A1FD0EF6AE.jpeg

Looks good Rob....keep the wind away and hopefully save fuel.....quicker boil time? :thumbsup:

Will also hide most of the flame when you are out on "Sneaky Beakies" :D

That’s interesting Rob,

On the face of it a good idea - probably cheaper to make; lightweight; less metal on the person;

I wonder why it wasn‘t adopted?

Degrades through continuous use?
Lower heat output?
Doesn’t protect carried fuel tabs?
Unsuitable for mess tins?
Too easily turned into a gimp mask by bored squaddies?😆

Mess tins still issued and used(although not by many) Crusader mugs are ace but when using boil in the bag you can’t cook yours and your buddies meal whilst also having enough water for a brew/warm washing water etc.

That looks quite impressive.

It appears more stable than I expected and seems pretty efficient.

Still wondering why it wasn’t adopted. 🤔

Works well with a mug but possibly not as well with other pans. The fold up dragon fuel stove is effective and disposable; it is sized to store the issued fuel tablets/blocks so is a self contained package and it is pretty light so I’d be interested to know what the weight penalty would be.

Also may be the case that we’d already ordered a bazillion of them and this arrived too late to make a change for what may be pretty marginal gains.

Back