• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Florabest log splitter axe review.

lee

Slightly Obsessed
florabest log splitter.

Brought this a while ago for £15 new, I needed to split up some wood today and this log splitter made easy work of splitting fence posts and logs ;)

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Well I've had used the axe extensively now and what an all round axe this is! it beats the other ramped up price swedish brands with wood handles you know the ones I'm talking about ;) the wood handles would of broke long ago on all those, this axe has destroyed with ease this wet freshly cut cherry wood, even smashing through and separating knots!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Also chops well, so a two in one axe here ;) highly recommended and this axe costs around £15!

image.jpeg

After seeing this review because of it showing up on a guest's search I feel the need to comment; This type of axe is designed primarily for splitting softwoods and definitely not made for cross cutting as in the pictures. While this review is very positive I'm always dubious about axes with plastic composite handles.

As you said it’s a splitting maul rather than an axe so unsurprisingly it’s better at splitting wood than a woodsmans axe.

My last splitting maul was similarly cheap and plastic handled Aldi special; it gave good service for about eight years and then the head came off the handle with no option to reattach it.

Back