• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Fluffy pancakes

Woodlander

Very Addicted
1lb Plain Flour
4 oz sugar
2tblspn baking powder
4tblspn melted butter (cooled)
2 eggs
1pt milk

Sift flour, sugar and baking powder together in a bowl. Beat eggs and milk together, add cooled melted butter. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients, mix till smooth and thick. ( Like me! :rofl:)

Drop a ladle full of mix onto a buttered skillet or frying pan on a low/medium heat, wait till bubbles appear on raw side then flip over with a spatula or similar tool. Do not press down on the pancake. Cook for approx 3 mins then serve with loads a butter and syrup and in you really hungry crispy bacon and scrambled eggs.

I will Make some tomorrow and post pics

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to check the recipe, Woodlander. 8oz sugar seems an awful lot for pancakes. I only use a couple of tablespoons for that amount of flour. Would hate you to be disappointed.
My recipe is this:-

300g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp caster sugar
2 medium eggs
300ml milk

Excellent with honey, fruit,jam or maple syrup

You might want to check the recipe, Woodlander. 8oz sugar seems an awful lot for pancakes. I only use a couple of tablespoons for 8oz flour. Would hate you to be disappointed.
Meant to be 4oz, it's a recipe I've used for years, trust me to get the amounts wrong. How do I edit it? The option has disappeared

That would be good, I was working up in my little wood earlier and used that little Trangia kettle for the first time with a spirit burner. Just the job for outdoor cooking.
As a staff member Jon can now edit whenever he needs to Brambling, but with great power comes great responsibility....

That would be good, I was working up in my little wood earlier and used that little Trangia kettle for the first time with a spirit burner. Just the job for outdoor cooking.
As a staff member Jon can now edit whenever he needs to Brambling, but with great power comes great responsibility....
I may be allowed to edit, but how I edit now that's the question 😂

Pics as promised
20190604_075522.jpg
20190604_073943.jpg
20190604_073930.jpg
20190604_073801.jpg
20190604_071844.jpg
20190604_071358.jpg

Back