• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Food cool bag.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Been looking for a not to fancy.... small...... cool bag for when the weather warms up.
Something to help stop the sandwiches getting smashed in the pack and to keep them fresh with no turning corners:D
Food can sweat in the pack if it gets a bit tropical.
Also to store a bit of bacon or sausage......even both if I feel like cooking breakfast in the woods after an overnighter.
Maybe squeeze a bottle of juice or water in there too for a nice cool drink.
Prepared ingredients for a nice stew.

Found a nice cheap and cheerful one on the bay that I may hit the button on.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COOL-BAG...hash=item3600e7f76c:m:mkv5Jt_R_YeicoRiQ1x2yhg

Anyone else using a small cool bag to store food when out for a day or two........what type do you use??

Last edited:
:)
Norgi.jpg

Very nice too.

The OP was asking about Cool Bags, not a NATO deployment ;):D
Do you use a cool bag at all?
Small....that would fit in a 35ltr pack for a day out or two to keep your grub fresh?

Very nice too.

The OP was asking about Cool Bags, not a NATO deployment ;):D
Do you use a cool bag at all?
Small....that would fit in a 35ltr pack for a day out or two to keep your grub fresh?
Very sorry No I don't use a cool bag, nor do I have a 35ltr pack smallest is 120ltr nor do I go out for a day or two its normally is anything from a week to 3 weeks at a time, hence the containers to keep my grub fresh, have larger ones but thought that was a bit extreme.

Not a problem at all...... no need to be sorry:).....you more than likely misinterpreted my post :thumbsup:
There are a good number of members on here who do like the odd bimble in the woods for a day or two who use smaller packs 35 ish ltr.
My days of toting 120ltr packs are long gone.
It is directed more towards shorter stays.......a break to relieve the stresses of life and to clear the head......do a bit of carving.

Not a problem at all...... no need to be sorry:).....you more than likely misinterpreted my post :thumbsup:
There are a good number of members on here who do like the odd bimble in the woods for a day or two who use smaller packs 35 ish ltr.
My days of toting 120ltr packs are long gone.
It is directed more towards shorter stays.......a break to relieve the stresses of life and to clear the head......do a bit of carving.
Understandy know :) it was just the last part of the question that confused me " What do you use"

This time of year your average Sainsbury’s/Asda/tescos/random supermarket of choice will be selling kids packed lunch cool bags

I have been browsing at M&S and found this: Kids' Dinosaur Print Lunch Box Bag | M&S

my kids used to get one each year and I used the old one.

Cheers 38th. Oddly the smash one is the one I just bought on Amazon for £8. Good ratings and looks just about the right size for a couple of steaks for evening and and some sausages for breakfast. :)

I mostly use one covered in dinosaurs or that looks like an alien with jiggly eyes! will keep food cold for a surprising period of time especially if you use an ice pack of the second days breakfast sausages.

Back