• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Scotland FOOD!!!!

To be honest mate.....it will all depend on how I feel nearer the time.
As I have said before.....my favourite meal when out camping is a good hearty breakfast......sets you up for the day and gets the bodies boiler running.......and the fresh air and smell of bacon cooking in the pan can't be beat.

If the temperatures are right.....keeping fresh food supplies fresh should not be too much of a problem. ...unlike the Summer months when you need a cool box along.

I have tried one of the ration pack boil in the bag meals and it wasn't to bad......certainly better than years gone by.....but as you say will need some mash or rice to bulk it up.

I think I will be taking along some tins of Big Soup for supper before climbing into the slug at night......quick and easy and very tasty.......and again keep the boiler ticking over.

Weight and space is an issue.....but once you have your shelter up there is plenty of time to nip back and forward to carry/drag other kit and supplies into Base.
Working as a team will make things easier and beniffit everyone.
I have decided to spread my kit into 3/4 different packs......if I need to carry in..... the load will be more manageable.
We are there for a week so no rush......and we may as well be comfortable.

Weight and space is an issue.....but once you have your shelter up there is plenty of time to nip back and forward to carry/drag other kit and supplies into Base.
I have decided to spread my kit into 3/4 different packs......if I need to carry in..... the load will be more manageable.

Exactly mate:thumbsup: all hands on deck..... am also splitting my gear into two bags. If there’s no snow (hopefully there is :D) then I can make a few trips. The sledge will come into play if snow. Do not have a problem if anyone wants me to be a mule for a few trips :thumbsup: payment in the means of a warm brew would be excepted :rofl:

ive done the same bill ...ive got a separate bergen for my food/cooking stuff,s ....1 bergen for my shelter/sleepingbag/tarp/ and change of clothes /personal hygiene kit

both are fairly heavy but manageable :thumbsup:

Back