• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

foot wear

Matt

Site Owner
Staff member
i use various types of boots when I'm out it all depends on the weather/terain...

my first choice is a hiking boot (something with good ankle support) you dont have to pay threw the nose for these as you can pick up a good quality pair for around £30
my second choice is a good old pair of wellys (main problem with these is they don't keep your feet very warm ) so you have to wear plenty of pairs of sock,s or buy some sea boot socks ...

what boots do you wear guys?

i wear traditional timberlands. most people just wear them as a fashion item but they're actually a good all rounder. i wear them to work or when im doing outdoor activities. they take a bit of breaking in though

Pair of good hiking ankle boots, pair of wellies with thermal welly socks. £5.99 a pair from "The Range" and worth every penny. Geoff. :hp-beer:.

used to wear a pair of scarpa sl attacks i got nearly 20 years ago . wlaked the west highland way 3 times in them and in the end i wore them to work. still got them now . sole is almost worn through but i cant bear to bin them and i dont think they are worth resoling as they are all scored and worn on the toe area too .

i also used to wear army issue high leg boots . they were so comfy that when they worn the sole almost through i tried to get them resoled but due to the way they moulded the sole on the shop said no

I use Lowa Patrols (like slippers) & Addidas GSG9s not impressed with the GSG9 only had them 10 months & they're split already !

German army Gore-tex mountain boots made by Lowa i think,dead comfy,or a pair of U.S jungle boots

I got 2 pairs of HI-TEC Magnum boots one pair in realtree and one pair in black.

I got 2 pairs of HI-TEC Magnum boots one pair in realtree and one pair in black.

i would like to see the realtree versian as they sound smart, when i used to do security in plymouth dockyrd i uses to wear magnums and must say vey nice boot to wear for 12hrs

i would like to see the realtree versian as they sound smart, when i used to do security in plymouth dockyrd i uses to wear magnums and must say vey nice boot to wear for 12hrs

I will do a pic later, I have had them for years but only worn the realtree ones twice I think so they still like new.

HI-TEC Magnum Realtree ;)

Attachments

• IMAG0491.jpg
    IMAG0491.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 294
I have a couple of pairs of boots but have found both of them lacking in one way or another :( the Doc Martins leak like sieves! :( and the other boots a no name from Ebay are not as bad but I have found walking through the longer stuff with morning dew about the dew hits your legs and runs down the inside into the boots! :( I eventually bought myself a set of gaiters and that did the trick.

Hi Tobias.

Can you put a link up to the boots?......and also tell us why you like them and chose them?

Her i got the link for the UK

https://www.haix.co.uk/haix-black-eagle-tactical-2.0-high-black-gtx

I love them for the fact

i am out off the entertainment business (cirque du soleil ,festivals, heavy rescue)most of my days there i had to walk and work in this boots for 12hrplus 14 days in the row sometimes on tarmac but most of the time bigger gravel as ground in temperatures from minus 32c to plus 36c
I dont remember to get any blisters even if i got them brand new out off the box for 5 pairs in 7 years

again sorry for miss spellings and ....

Foot wear is a very chalenging thing to me on the winter here in Norway. I allways freeze on my feet and head. To the head i have a thick wool bonnet and is ok.
To my feet i haven't find yet one pair of boots that keep it warm if i'm not moving and is relatively comfortable to walk.
I bought some and tried two pairs of wool socks but i wasn't enough.
I keep searching.

Back