• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Foot Wraps

Erbswurst

Very Addicted
What do you know about foot wraps?

How to use them?
How to wrap them around the feet?
Where is the secret point?
Which material?
In which boots?

Or why not?

No, I never used them.

My father once walked as a student in the holydays from Flensburg to Konstanz in one rush. That means western Germany from north to south. He didn't use them too.

But he told me, that my grandfather, who was a learned shoemaker used them in boots in the typical Wehrmacht stile in winter times and explained me how to wrap them.
I think, he just did it as a historical lesson and as a survival tip, because to know about it can save a situation, if you have to replace hiking socks.

I looked at it, but never tried it.

A couple of years ago I remembered the situation, when I found the offer from Räer to sell that NVA Fußlappen.

(By the way: Does the link to Räer work now?)

Erbswurst in foot wraps?
Sounds good, yes!
;0)

There is nothing new in the bushcraft world, @Madriverrob, but sometimes it is a good Idea to dig out the old ideas, tips and tricks!, before they become forgotten!

(Perhaps I should sell small microfibre towels as microfibre multi use foot wraps to the ultra light trekking community and become rich by doing this???)

Last edited:
Microfibre might work but wouldn't be that hard wearing possibly ? And no, the links to that site don't work still.

Back