• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

For Shooting what foot wear do you use

what foot wear do you put on when shooting ?

• Boots

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wellies

• Trainers

• Depends on weather and where i am off.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nigel Buckley

Slightly Addicted
so then, are you a boot man, a wellie man or a trainer man.
or does it depend on the weather and where your off.

Well it used to be a pair of Para boots, then I discovered "Muckboot" wellies, that can be worn just about everywhere and are VERY warm.
If it's not too wet, I've bought a pair of Rossignol mountaineering boots that I found in T.K.Maxx, reduced from £249.99 to £49.99:cool:.
That's me sorted for the next century or two:D..........Al:)

I had a wonderful pair of British army DMS boots. Finally died at Xmas. Now down to a pair of Hawkshead walking boots. Cheap as chips and very warm and waterproof. Not sure how long they'll last though as they are showing signs of wear to the soles already. :(

1 Pair of Stell Toe and Sole Boots for me.
Warm and waterproof :)

Lez's Bitch

giraffe said:
Well it used to be a pair of Para boots, then I discovered "Muckboot" wellies, that can be worn just about everywhere and are VERY warm.
If it's not too wet, I've bought a pair of Rossignol mountaineering boots that I found in T.K.Maxx, reduced from £249.99 to £49.99:cool:.
That's me sorted for the next century or two:D..........Al:)

Hmmm a WESHMAN in wellies :eek: :eek: scary thought.........:D I wear Realtree Camo boots very warm and yuo can sneek up on things

BOO :eek: Told you they were good :cool:

Lez325 said:
Hmmm a WESHMAN in wellies :eek: :eek: scary thought.........:D I wear Realtree Camo boots very warm and yuo can sneek up on things

BOO :eek: Told you they were good :cool:

It's BAAAAA!, not BOO Les.........Al:D:)

i wear a pair of old caterpillar trainers/shoes for the nice farms (livestock grazing on land only) and for the not so nice muddy farms i got an pair of wellies that were once a pair of waders, but i cut them down, they have tungstun studs in the sole and are insulated so are great for grip (noisey as hell on tarmac and concrete though:eek: ) and nice and warm:cool:

Loose top wellies for me,so you can jam the sheeps back legs in:devil:
There is no escape:spindem:
When i'm not sheep bothering a pair of walking boots:D

wellies for the farms:p and walkies for the woods and fields, and if im feeling hard i go barefoot:cool:

bstrdmissed said:
loose top wellies for me,so you can jam the sheeps back legs in:devil: There is no escape :spindem:

When i'm not sheep bothering a pair of walking boots:d

fpmsl :d :d

Lez325 said:
Hmmm a WESHMAN in wellies :eek: :eek: scary thought.........:D

Scary yes,:eek:
But it would appear from the way this thread is running....... Not unusual. No wonder the sheep look worried up there. :p :D

Martin H said:
Scary yes,:eek:
But it would appear from the way this thread is running....... Not unusual. No wonder the sheep look worried up there. :p :D
When Tom Jones wrote 'Its not unusual' he was talking about sheep sh@gging :cool:

I where Caterpiller like rigger boots they are dubbined up or my wellies they have that neoprene in em very snugg for ladies shooting :rolleyes:

iona said:
I where Caterpiller like rigger boots they are dubbined up or my wellies they have that neoprene in em very snugg for ladies shooting :rolleyes:

You shoot ladies then?????:eek: :eek: :D are they on the DEFRA list?

Les ;) :D

Cheers Bstrdmissed, i've been thinking of having my mk3 dipped for a while now and just seen a pic of your AA. Looks fantastic and i will be ringing hydrographics in the morning.
Oh and berghaus boots in winter and cheap trainers in woods/summer.

Back