• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

For the Scottish contingent. With thanks to Davie at AGG.

divebuddy

Staff member
In the early hours of Saturday morning we had what we thought was an injured haggis brought in, but after listening to the wee thing shouting 'fair fa' your honest sonsie face....... Wee sleekit cow'rin tim'rous beastie....' and 'some hae meat and canna eat' repeatedly for 2 hours, it was obvious he was suffering from severe burns.
We started him on an irn bru intravenous drip, hot toddies, and shortbread fed little and often.
By Saturday night he was looking much better.
By Sunday morning he was starting to smile and looked like a totally different haggis.
By this afternoon he had finished the shortbread and the full bottle of whisky, was grinning from lug to lug and is completely away with the fairies. We hope to sober him up and release him onto the Lomonds tomorrow.
FB_IMG_1643115646823.jpg

Ah just the ticket fir a wee beastie tae doon sum irnbru and a few shortbreads, mind noo the wee tunts multiple way whiskey after midnight ken , cause aw kind oh shit tae 😁 they’ll eat yir dug and wink at yir cat in the morning 😳

Does one have a translation good man?

Certainly my good chap…

It’s fantastic for the little chap to be drinking down some bubbly of the ginger variety along with fresh sugar bread, one has to be terribly careful when allowing the little chaps whiskey as they multiply after midnight, get up to all kinds of scull’duggery ., the little chaps will eat your dog and consult with your cat until morning.

OMG! I have never actually seen a real, live Haggis. Do they really have two shorter legs?

Certainly my good chap…

It’s fantastic for the little chap to be drinking down some bubbly of the ginger variety along with fresh sugar bread, one has to be terribly careful when allowing the little chaps whiskey as they multiply after midnight, get up to all kinds of scull’duggery ., the little chaps will eat your dog and consult with your cat until morning.
I think one of our cats was the bastard child of a haggis, he had some serious attitude issues.

Back