• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Forest fire

Ystranc

Administrator
Staff member
A while back, just before lockdown Jono and I discussed heading out to have a look at an area North East of Llandovery. A large area of forestry plantation and open moorland.
Unfortunately some prat has burned down 250 acres of it during lock down and the Forestry commission are stepping up patrols to kick people out of the area at dusk.

Forestry commission are clamping down all round the uk, won’t be long before Scotland is a no wild camp area, funny thing is am not sure they have a choice with bell ends like this 🤷🏼‍♂️, a wonder, what do you think they would say if someone set there home on fire or used the garden as a dumping ground. Can’t cure stupidity but it can be regulated lol

Forestry commission are clamping down all round the uk, won’t be long before Scotland is a no wild camp area, funny thing is am not sure they have a choice with bell ends like this 🤷🏼‍♂️, a wonder, what do you think they would say if someone set there home on fire or used the garden as a dumping ground. Can’t cure stupidity but it can be regulated lol

Would be a ballsy call in Scotland to change the right to roam act, even a lot of people who have no interest in wild camping see it as a right.

A while back, just before lockdown Jono and I discussed heading out to have a look at an area North East of Llandovery. A large area of forestry plantation and open moorland.
Unfortunately some prat has burned down 250 acres of it during lock down and the Forestry commission are stepping up patrols to kick people out of the area at dusk.
Some small town/village is harbouring an idiot then, down in Wareham forest a few weeks ago they had a massive fire that took days to bring under control. The cause idiots ignoring lockdown and not disposing of a disposable barbecue

Would be a ballsy call in Scotland to change the right to roam act, even a lot of people who have no interest in wild camping see it as a right.

The trossachs have already started the ball rolling with a 3 year plan buddy. Camp where and when they allow for a fee. Cheep enough but still a shelter tax lol, it’s a by law At the moment, but it only takes one numpty to be prosecuted for fire,littering or something before it’s recognised as a criminal offence in the eyes of the court, before we know it private lad will have trespass laws and wild camping will be illegal without permission. Definitely a ballsy move, but a move nun the less bud

Last edited:
Reactions: Bam
Its those damned throw away BBQ's that really get to me as well Joe, they used to cause grass fire back when I worked for the national trust as a summer job.

Its those damned throw away BBQ's that really get to me as well Joe, they used to cause grass fire back when I worked for the national trust as a summer job.
You look at any beach outside of the towns and you'll find loads of them including right beside litter bins

No Mike its the people who use them that are the fire hazard

Totally agree Joe, at the end of the day, they're a 'tool', they heat your food, its the arseholes who ruin it but start getting into dodgy territory when you start talking about 'final solutions' to how to deal with your choice of arsehole.

giphy.gif

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    477.4 KB · Views: 14
I've only just seen this and I will keep my comments private but disappointing to say the least! It was a wonderful place. One cell short of an amoeba whoever it was

Where are you off to Lol?
Are you going with your mate or solo?

Don't forget the pictures :thumbsup:
Another area of the Broads.....with Banzai.
How many pictures of a tarp (might take the lavvu and a tarp this time...not the need to go so lightweight, and try the Bergen?) or lavvu or canoe do you need? :eek: :rofl::rolleyes:

Back