• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Forever in blue jeans.

Oot

Quite Addicted
Just watched this bloke on YouTube....lovely pressed jeans....now who wears these in pissing wet scotland...I wonder who he is😁
20220130_194201.jpg
20220130_194201.jpg
20220130_194203.jpg

Attachments

• 20220130_194207.jpg
    20220130_194207.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 42
😆

It never ceases to amaze me how often we see people out in the sticks in jeans.

But I’ve also come across people in well known brands of pukka ‘walking trousers’, made from extremely thin material, saturated to the skin to the point that they might as well not be wearing owt. Cos they haven’t had over-trousers! ☹️

Depends a lot on what you’re doing; I work with kids outdoors but it is for a finite period of time, jeans are hard wearing and better protection against thorns and brambles than thin leggings or tracksuit bottoms which is often the kids only other choice. They aren’t ideal for long days on a hill in the l rain but are more than capable thrashing around a wood for the morning; there are definitely better options than denim but it did after all begin as workwear!

It depends what you’re doing, walking in wet jeans can be a deeply unpleasant sensation but as 38th mentioned, they’re great protection against harsh vegetation and they’re fine for a stroll in the woods. Jeans are my go to work pants while for walking I prefer lightweight cotton zip off type cargo trousers such as Craghoppers kiwi or similar.

I don’t know who the bloke is - should I?

If he’s promoting himself as an ‘outdoorsman’ spending protracted time out in the elements as opposed to a gardener - oh dear, not the best example.

Its not just about the abrasion protection jeans offer, they tend to hold water and don’t dry out very well.
That leads to heat loss and potentially to hypothermia in the wrong conditions.

I thought that we’d got past this way back in the ‘70s!😕

I don’t know who the bloke is - should I?

If he’s promoting himself as an ‘outdoorsman’ spending protracted time out in the elements as opposed to a gardener - oh dear, not the best example.

Its not just about the abrasion protection jeans offer, they tend to hold water and don’t dry out very well.
That leads to heat loss and potentially to hypothermia in the wrong conditions.

I thought that we’d got past this way back in the ‘70s!😕
No he's a forum member,just a wee joke among the Scottish contingent, Paul knows his stuff.....he was probably near home and the silly auld fart wasn't expecting rain....so his wife made him wear his Christmas jeans😁

Back