• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Wales Forum fundraising meet in mid Wales August 2021

I've just checked and Groe park and Irfon valley angling assoc. do day passes.....the Irfon is fly fishing only while the Groe is open for course fishing or fly (depending on the season)
" but I'll happily pick people up from Llandrindod wells (bus & train) station on the Heart of Wales line."

What a gent you are mate :thumbsup:
Hahahaha, good one mate....Gentleman? Oh how we laughed...

Last edited:
If it falls over the weekend Ill be able to make it for a couple of days at the very least :D
I'm only a couple of hours away I recon :)

I need to pull my finger out and finally get round to sowing the skirts on my Lavvu! :rofl:
Yes it's taking place over a long weekend David, I would really like to see your lavvu modifications as mine is absolutely standard other than I use a wooden centre pole, guy lines and wooden pegs.

I will add that all members are welcome and may be treated to a bushcraft tea making demonstration by Matt. (A once in a lifetime experience, not to be missed)
Hi Mike I had a PM from Matt who assures me that he is more than willing to do a fish filleting and cooking demo

Marc the kilt will be doing a bread and cake making demo

Hi Mike I had a PM from Matt who assures me that he is more than willing to do a fish filleting and cooking demo

Marc the kilt will be doing a bread and cake making demo
It would take an extraordinary rendition/kidnap to get Mark away from the wife and kids and all the way down to Wales....way too much trouble for a loaf of bread. Hopefully Divebuddy will bring enough cake to keep Bill sweet over the weekend.. Of course Mark would be very welcome to come down here along with any other of the Scots members that wish to come but it's a long way to come considering what a fantastic landscape they have right on their own doorstep. Hopefully I'll get to meet them in the future though.

All change.. I had a 'phone conversation with my son this morning in which he told me that he had cancelled a holiday in Crete. He had until the end of month to cancel and had waited hoping the current International Virus controls would have sorted themselves out. He lost £80 in fees rather than 100's had he not cancelled before the end of March.
He then told me that he has booked a Hotel holiday in Wales, so that he can visit me and be shown around.... August 15th to 21st.....

To be fair to him, I hadn't mentioned the Forum Camp, it's still nearly half a year away and anyway I had no idea of his change in plan. Son and family leave to go home Sunday morning 22nd August which means I will not be at the Forum Camp.
A shame because it's one of the things I've been working hard at getting fit enough to do this summer.
But as always, family first.

All change.. I had a 'phone conversation with my son this morning in which he told me that he had cancelled a holiday in Crete. He had until the end of month to cancel and had waited hoping the current International Virus controls would have sorted themselves out. He lost £80 in fees rather than 100's had he not cancelled before the end of March.
He then told me that he has booked a Hotel holiday in Wales, so that he can visit me and be shown around.... August 15th to 21st.....

To be fair to him, I hadn't mentioned the Forum Camp, it's still nearly half a year away and anyway I had no idea of his change in plan. Son and family leave to go home Sunday morning 22nd August which means I will not be at the Forum Camp.
A shame because it's one of the things I've been working hard at getting fit enough to do this summer.
But as always, family first.
I totally understand Sax, I would also grab the opportunity to have some family time in your position. If you wanted to hop on the bike and visit us for a day, after they've headed off home you'd be most welcome. I appreciate its a fair journey up from west Wales just for day trip.

You have my number if you're ever headed this way Mark.
I'll show you the wild carp pond at Pant y Llynn if you bring your gear. Day passes are available through the Wye and Usk foundation.

You have my number if you're ever headed this way Mark.
I'll show you the wild carp pond at Pant y Llynn if you bring your gear. Day passes are available through the Wye and Usk foundation.

Yir just a bloody teeeez Mike 😁 hopefully I will get the opportunity to visit mate.. good man 😁

There is also a really accessible carp pont on the edge of Llandrindod wells which has had some pretty fantastic carp. Catch and release of course but very cheap day passes...
....I'm determined to make you feel like you're missing out by not coming down here 😂😂😂

After a bit of thought there will be downstairs shower and toilet available in the guest/rental side the house for those of you who want them. (less than 200meters walk from paddocks)

Back