• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Forward planning...

Attachments

• 20DD91CF-3496-4872-B2E5-1998F28AFA09.gif
    20DD91CF-3496-4872-B2E5-1998F28AFA09.gif
    632 KB · Views: 117
ok, ha ha!, i can do both topics simultaneously at the same time:
just bought a pair of those TuffStuff trousers and yes i do have more rucksacks than the Mrs has handbags. in fact i don't think the Mrs owns a handbag and i've got a garage wall full of rucksacks so that's double points for me! (he said doing his best Rimmer imitation).
in my defence however i must say that the rucksacks were "research" so ... yeah ... there's that, and i'm sticking to that story so ... yeah ... no kit tart am i. 😇

I pretty much live in craghoppers kiwi trousers; I’ve got the quick drying ones and a pair with zip off legs and I’ve used them pretty much exclusively for forest school work since I started doing it.

I find them hard wearing and comfortable.

I’ve never paid full price as they always seem to be on sale at Go-outdoors or my local garden centre.

I pretty much live in craghoppers kiwi trousers; I’ve got the quick drying ones and a pair with zip off legs and I’ve used them pretty much exclusively for forest school work since I started doing it.

I’ve never paid full price as they always seem to be on sale at Go-outdoors or my local garden centre.

I am a fan of Kiwi craghoppers. At last count I think I have seven pairs in various stages of use. But for camping in winter I use Bushman trousers. Thick and warm but alas no longer sold. They were only £20 a pair.

I'm a big fan of the cheap thin Craghoppers, walking dugs, a wee trip to the woods or walking up big hills, I find them good for everything. The quick drying is particularly useful if you're caught out in a down pour and don't have time to dick around with fouly bottoms (which I accept is an unappealing term).

@teef

Have you tried them on yet Trev......do they fit you? :)
i have and they do, i'm happy to report.
still feels strange having the "little fox" logo on them, feels like i nicked them from someone and can't remember who or where. "hell of a night, got their trousers!" :D

as it happens they arrived at the same time as a pair of those TuffStuff trousers. comparing side by side is interesting, TuffStuff are definitely a heavier material, maybe not as tightly woven as the "little fox" brand. thigh pockets on the TuffStuff may be a little more practical, bellows style and all, and nice to have the nail pockets.

interestingly neither is doubled up in the seat. i guess for the TuffStuffs that kind of makes sense, workmen not wanting/being encouraged to spend a lot of time on their duff. the little foxes though? seems like it would be a natural.

anyway, looking forward to giving each a bit of time in the woods.

I also have a few pairs of the kiwi style pants... They're well worth the money so they don't really fall into the kit tart category. I'm also known to wear corduroy.

Today I was felling a couple of dangerous trees for the local hotel wearing full chainsaw PPE when their gardener turned up to help (socially distanced of course) dressed entirely in branded Husqvarna safety kit, even branded braces :rolleyes:, he looked so clean :rofl: ... I felt like the poor relative in my greasy cheap SIP chainsaw kit..:crying:...maybe it's time to look at improving my professional image....

A could do with a pair for working around the house and garden 👍🏻 Great find sax 👍🏻
The trouble is none are available with 35-36 leg length, so I can never get any troos............................ :whistle: :(

Back