• Welcome to Life In The Wilderness

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Fracking Hell !!!!

WildWood1965

Very Addicted
I have been totally against doing this since I first heard that it was being considered.

Messing about with things like this is a recipe for disaster ! :mad:

38thfoot

Very Addicted
If you read into the earthquakes they are of a magnitude that is not detectable my humans but only by very sensitive scientific equipment.

Still not hugely reassuring though!

Ystranc

If you read into the earthquakes they are of a magnitude that is not detectable my humans but only by very sensitive scientific equipment.

Still not hugely reassuring though!

Not considering they've only just started. Maybe the geology in that part of Lancashire isn't as suitable as they thought after all.

I was sitting on the fence with regards fracking, all forms of mining will have some risks involved, but as a nation, we are power hungry be it gas or electric, nuclear or windfarms even the old days of coal there will always be the nimbys that won't like it, and then go home and plug in or cook dinner in the gas oven.

Better to have our own power supply than rely on other countries like Russia!!

The question here is the company involved and there "safety measures" and how much profit is put first before other factors (we all know profit before people)

but 2 mini-quakes does not bode well, look a bit more closely i think