• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Framed..

saxonaxe

Very Addicted
Spent a couple of hours in the sunshine fitting carrier frames to the bike. I'm probably going to use soft luggage but these frames allow me to fit rigid boxes if I so decide later.
P1050580.jpg

There was the option to move the indicators to the fitting position provided ( extreme right in photo) but when I'm not camping it's just the frames that remain on the bike and the indicators are A) still visible and B) better protected where they are. I might run a second set in addition to these, and fit them in the new position so that when the luggage is on, they are more visible.

Attachments

• P1050580.jpg
    P1050580.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 10
Looking good Sax :thumbsup:

Have you got the luggage yet?

One thing I wished I had done years ago was to get a bike license.......lovely way to travel about :thumbsup:

I haven't bought the ally boxes Willie, they're about £400 ish...I've got some decent waterproof semi rigid bags that I normally use..Here on my old Guzzi for a Norfolk trip last year.
P1030957.jpg

In the normal summer when traffic at times can be backed up for miles, bike travel wins hands down. I like Biker camp sites too, in all the years I've never had a problem with security of kit and everyone is friendly.
I've always had a bike of some sort since I was 14 and legally since I was 16....:lol:....:lol:

Got to say Sax....I think the semi ridged bags look more tactile than Aluminium.....looks nice mate :thumbsup:

They came with waterproof inner bags and I've never had gear get wet even in a down pour. Only slight draw back is leaving the bike unattended in Towns, the boxes are more secure. usually I can get enough kit in them for 7 nights away. Tent and sleeping bag on the back rack, clothes, walking boots etc: in one side, cooking kit, stove, brew kit in the other side and the top bag is usually camera, rain gear, air mattress, maps and a few packet meals.

About the same price as ally boxes but the adventure spec magadan panniers are made in such a way as to be slashproof/secure without running the risk of breaking your leg in a fall.

Designed by a guy called Walter colebatch who travels extensively through SIberia/Mongolia by bike.

His website Sibirsky Extreme – Going where no motorcycle has been before is well worth a visit if you ha e time on your hands as hooked you’ll tend to stay on said hook a long time.

Reactions: lol
I haven't bought the ally boxes Willie, they're about £400 ish...I've got some decent waterproof semi rigid bags that I normally use..Here on my old Guzzi for a Norfolk trip last year.
P1030957.jpg

In the normal summer when traffic at times can be backed up for miles, bike travel wins hands down. I like Biker camp sites too, in all the years I've never had a problem with security of kit and everyone is friendly.
I've always had a bike of some sort since I was 14 and legally since I was 16....:lol:....:lol:
Ah Guzzis....you posted that again, just to upset me.................:crying:

Attachments

• P1030957.jpg
    P1030957.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 12
Back