• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Freedom .....

Madriverrob

Extremely Addicted
Few beers in Whitby this afternoon , the harbour is busying up and the the beer gardens are open ... I’ve included a newly built coble and a brand new trawler built at Parkol Marine .... Whitby maintaining its seafaring heritage 😁.

Feels like the world is back open 🤞

511F3C40-06C4-402A-8D53-72EC9C875FB0.jpeg
C5A86BB2-D542-497F-A0B0-BE684F572F26.jpeg
849BBFE2-6704-4FFB-B120-DBD182DE4DCA.jpeg
480F0304-0BB4-4F42-A7DD-D2FD6A783BB0.jpeg
5F1E5807-0E5A-49C8-A419-DC118965CAFA.jpeg
9F3AC599-965C-4EF3-ABD9-36A59F76476E.jpeg
EFDA5CC2-A155-497B-8249-FA49D687E90F.jpeg
E3B22101-AA8B-4FDF-96B9-8806321608C8.jpeg
7CADAFBB-F1D6-4176-AF7C-D87FDC124757.jpeg
73DD4218-D37C-4EF6-BCEC-69B66FCF8479.jpeg

Few beers in Whitby this afternoon , the harbour is busying up and the the beer gardens are open ... I’ve included a newly built coble and a brand new trawler built at Parkol Marine .... Whitby maintaining its seafaring heritage 😁.

Feels like the world is back open 🤞

View attachment 32241View attachment 32242View attachment 32243View attachment 32244View attachment 32245View attachment 32246View attachment 32247View attachment 32248View attachment 32249View attachment 32250
You've just got to love a coble

We're not rushing out anywhere just yet, things seem a little hectic so far. I'm not comfortable around too many people, it could take a while for me to adjust.

That was my thoughts yesterday , I’ve been out in the community throughout with work but my wife hasn’t been out properly for a year .... it wasn’t too busy to be fair yesterday and the brewery managed the space really well .... it was great to see our little town coming back to life but I take your point ... “caution” is still my watchword 👍

That was my thoughts yesterday , I’ve been out in the community throughout with work but my wife hasn’t been out properly for a year .... it wasn’t too busy to be fair yesterday and the brewery managed the space really well .... it was great to see our little town coming back to life but I take your point ... “caution” is still my watchword 👍
It's not just caution to be honest...I've never been one for crowds and it's going to take a little time for me to get used to having more people around without me feeling overwhelmed.
I've had to meet people during the course of my work but never more than one at a time, this has meant that the sudden increase in traffic and holiday makers has proved to be a bit stressful.
I moved out here to get some peace and quiet but the world and its auntie have come here on holiday because they can't fly to the continent this year.
I need time to adjust or I simply need to move somewhere further out.

It's not just caution to be honest...I've never been one for crowds and it's going to take a little time for me to get used to having more people around without me feeling overwhelmed.
I've had to meet people during the course of my work but never more than one at a time, this has meant that the sudden increase in traffic and holiday makers has proved to be a bit stressful.
I moved out here to get some peace and quiet but the world and its auntie have come here on holiday because they can't fly to the continent this year.
I need time to adjust or I simply need to move somewhere further out.

Small steps mate and do what’s best for you ... I’m not a fan of crowds myself and Whitby in the summer can be challenging... I expect you’re right , this year will bring even more visitors with the associated risks👍

Small steps mate and do what’s best for you ... I’m not a fan of crowds myself and Whitby in the summer can be challenging... I expect you’re right , this year will bring even more visitors with the associated risks👍
I expect Whitby and RobinHood's Bay will be absolutely heaving as soon as the weather picks up a little. Do you still get the hoards of goths and amateur vampire slayers doing the pilgrimage to Whitby?

I expect Whitby and RobinHood's Bay will be absolutely heaving as soon as the weather picks up a little. Do you still get the hoards of goths and amateur vampire slayers doing the pilgrimage to Whitby?

Yes mate ... two Goth weekends a year ... plus pirate weekend .... scooter rally ....war weekend ... 60’s weekend etc etc 😬

Back