• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

French f1 cotton tent test

Think the nylon tents have only one entrance with three zippers.... Sure my old nylon one did..... But we are all using the polycotton f1 which has two entrances..... And some nylon ones have mesh bug nets on main entrance😁

Think the nylon tents have only one entrance with three zippers.... Sure my old nylon one did..... But we are all using the polycotton f1 which has two entrances..... And some nylon ones have mesh bug nets on main entrance😁
Mines cotton..2 entrances...mesh netting....

Ok dokey seems to be a lot of variations......still can't work out how you could not understand the two way zip problems......🤔

Glad you sorted it kneef....... Are the tents new or pre issued mate?
Only asking because it might pay to leave the tent pitched in the garden in the rain for a few days.
Or get the hose pipe out and SOAK the tent then fully dry it..... Proberbly best to do this 3 or 4 times to season the stitching and material.
Use a wax candle to run over the seams to help waterproof.

So worth doing...... Especially if the tent is new mate👍

Pre-issued mate

You get the next one on the pile good or not so good ! :)

Hoping to be out in it again at the weekend so won't be leaving it out to get weathered just yet mate

Good advice though :thumbsup: & I must remember to do just that with the size 3 (The largest one) polish lavvu that I have had for years & not yet used ! :rolleyes:

Pre-issued mate

You get the next one on the pile good or not so good ! :)

Hoping to be out in it again at the weekend so won't be leaving it out to get weathered just yet mate

Good advice though :thumbsup: & I must remember to do just that with the size 3 (The largest one) polish lavvu that I have had for years & not yet used ! :rolleyes:

I gave my lavvu a good fabsilling, seemed to do the trick. 👍

Ok dokey seems to be a lot of variations......still can't work out how you could not understand the two way zip problems......🤔
Just to remind folk , in case.....Don't confuse the nylon ones with the polycotton ones....the former have a reputation for NOT being very waterproof. The polycotton ones are a different kettle of wotsits.
My polycotton one (post fabsil) was fine in 3 days of rain.....don't touch the fabric when raining!!

Have the tent pitched the grade a tent
in garden.... So seam sealed the corners and fabsiled..... Water seems to be getting up through corners on floor... And my other cheaper one didn't leak without seam sealer or fabsil.... 🤔....but it is heavy heavy rain.... Was planning on using a bivvy inside tent rather than a tarp as like my fire close to tent....But for a £25 tent that you can have a fire beside in winter it's a good un😁

I wonder if it's the zips that are the source, as they are NOT water proof (air gaps, if you look), and depending on set, one can have creases on the doors funnelling rain, guiding the rain on the doors to the zip in the corner?
(Were you referring to a nylon or poly tent?)

It's the polycotton tent....still it's holding up well it's really battering it down.... Have went out and secured the zips.....think it maybe a case of water running under ground sheet.... 🤔

• Sad
Reactions: lol
......but back to my original question....?
Has anyone? I did for a "one nightery" and it worked well....just enough length for me!

(JoeCole has permission to comment....;))

......but back to my original question....?
Has anyone? I did for a "one nightery" and it worked well....just enough length for me!

(JoeCole has permission to comment....;))
No comment, far to early in the morning 🤣

👍Another great night in f1 tent.... Went down to - 3 but was well equipped with winter gear and woke to no condensation... Fire box worked a treat as well, only thing struggled with was the 52 pound weight of rucksack......was only four miles but felt like forty.... Ooooh the joys of getting auld 🙄😉

Know that these (the polycotton ones, the ones that are waterproof!) are back in stock with Military Mart.

Surprisingly backpackable, and capable of surviving a good solid summer downpour with no problem.........!!

Attachments

• Waveney 2020 camp (4).jpg
    Waveney 2020 camp (4).jpg
    497.8 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: Bam
Back