• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

French f1 cotton tent test

Oot

Quite Addicted
Well received my tent yesterday from mmart..... Looks like I got polish army poles and one set had the metal pegs rammed inside the pole meaning removing them without damaging pole was impossible, anyway had no guy lines so attached my own and used my own pegs plus two poles from another tent.... But the condition of tent is A1..... So she's up in the back garden awaiting forecast rain... Will it leak without fabsil or a tarp over it... Results after test:D..... Still a few adjustments to make.

Attachments

• IMG_20190425_110256.jpg
    IMG_20190425_110256.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_20190425_110241_1.jpg
    IMG_20190425_110241_1.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_20190425_110307.jpg
    IMG_20190425_110307.jpg
    440.1 KB · Views: 188
Blimey, that takes me back. Looks remarkably like the little ridge tent I used to use in the late '70's bikepacking.:) only mine was a fetching Airforce Blue.:D
Nice.

:) well after a night of heavy showers it's still dry inside..... Unlike my Dutch army tent after 5 litres of fabsil leaked after first shower:mad:...... More rain today and if it stays dry inside without tarp and treatment it will be the best 28 quid ever spent:)

:) well after a night of heavy showers it's still dry inside..... Unlike my Dutch army tent after 5 litres of fabsil leaked after first shower:mad:...... More rain today and if it stays dry inside without tarp and treatment it will be the best 28 quid ever spent:)

That's good news......warm.....dry.......out of the wind.......no treatment and all for £28.00............jobs a good un :thumbsup:

Well the rain test over and only a few small drips inside......now for the wild camping test.....expect condensation, but once owned the nylon version of this tent and condensation was bad.....but hey ho it's a old military tent made for soldiers not auld farts :army-wink:

Well the rain test over and only a few small drips inside......now for the wild camping test.....expect condensation, but once owned the nylon version of this tent and condensation was bad.....but hey ho it's a old military tent made for soldiers not auld farts :army-wink:
A few good auld farts could cure the canvas........mlght make it a bit smelly though :lol:

The Dutch army tent must be a different material, 🤔as it sure did have condensation and sure that's a poly cotton material as well🤔

I did a review on the F1 ….on Fabsil...ing, found it waterproof, and a great little occasional tent, but don't expect it to stand up to the battering a lavvu will...…...
re condensation; the f1 has superb full length closeable mesh ventilation panels...…….

Reactions: Oot
Or one of these

These start at about $2500 USD depending on size and stove options. I met a guy a few years ago and we've kept in touch. He lives in Alaska and is a teacher, his wife and two young children love pulling a pulk or two and camping when its 30c below or lower.

Back