• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Friday night in Devilla

A bit late so apologies, here's a few phots from friday. I've talked about the place a few times on here, its my wee home away from home. I rigged my standard tarp set up, nice and simple and does the trick.

IMG_20200313_133119.jpg

As it was just me (nae dug or Smurf) I could hog the whole thing, galloons of room.

I'd walked in with Ricky and after we'd set up Ricky went back to the car for a few bits and bobs and to meet Paul and guide him in. After Paul got set up we took a wee stroll, its quite a sprawling place with lots of paths and tracks to explore. The main paths can be quite busy with dog walkers and runners etc but its a lot quieter down the wee side tracks.

We'd processed some wood earlier so were good to go after the wander for that essential camp fire.

IMG_20200313_180344.jpg

Time for scran, Ricky had Clyde with him who could be lacking in ettiquette when there's 'options' on the go so 'self isolated' with his tin of Irish stew. I was having a tin of chicken in white sauce with pasta and different dried veg and Paul 'won' with his steak, probably a good job Clyde was elsewhere.

IMG_20200313_183440.jpg

IMG_20200313_184943.jpg

It looked braw. Mine didn't look so great but thankfully it tasted fine. Its the first time I've tried to rehydrate sweetcorn and it worked fine, another one to add to the list.

IMG_20200313_190449.jpg

That was about it on the phots, we sat around putting the world to rights and having the occasional sip of loud mouth soup. A great night out, even the weather was kind, we were expecting rain overnight but it was very light. Unfortunately I had to (well it made life easier) head off early to meet SWMBO who was walking the dugs in Devilla, we had a fairly busy weekend. Pity, it would have been easy to sit around and have a leisurely breakfast but hopefully we can manage it another time. Thanks to both the guys for an excellent night in the woods.

I'm heading up the Ochils with Smurf next saturday, at least that was the plan. We'll probably end up in a bothy in the Cairngorms now. :rofl:

Not that I care, as long as I'm out. :)

Good stuff Bam.....hope you and Smurf have a good wander.....hopefully the weather will start to get a bit better soon.
Look forward to the pictures guys....please take lots :D

Back