• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

From Dartmoor.

Big Red

Very Addicted
Hello good people, Mike here from the southern foothills of Dartmoor.

I worked on the Moor for 30 years, took early retirement at 57, VR, not looked back since. I have a little business running FA +F courses, but don’t like to work more than six days a month nowadays.

Hobbies: Deer Stalking, Beating, Picking Up, Clay Shooting, Fishing, Hiking, Wild Camping and Bushcraft. Rugby is my sporting passion. So I am a man who must be outdoors, and look forward to picking up and imparting knowledge.

Cheers.
Mike

Welcome Mike, great to have you with us. Were you recommend to come here by someone or did you arrive through a search engine result on one of your many interests? I'm sure there's a great deal that I/we can learn from you and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

You have a varied and interesting list of interests and hobbies Mike :thumbsup:

As far as Wild Camping and Bushcraft go.......are you a ground dweller or Hammock user......or do you mix it up.
We have a few fisherman on the forum........Do you prefer fresh water or Sea Angling........or again a bit of each?

Nothing like getting a line wet :)

Hello 1SW. I think I am a simple old chap, as long as I am outdoors doing outdoorsy things I am happy, so I chuck myself at as many things as possible, my wife thinks I am a bit nuts.....But she loves the outdoors as well!

Ground or hammock. I have both mate, at my bushcraft site I will do whatever takes my fancy I guess, tarp, tent or hammock, but my dog much prefers to sleep near me, so the Vango Pulsar does get a fair airing due to the atrium for him. I have a DD Hammock, I love their stuff, but I must confess to it not getting used to much. The Tarp for a hike and wild camp, 3x3 DD.

I mainly sea fish nowadays, gone back to my youth as a Torquay born lad, but have done a good bit with the fly as well and the odd trip to Kennick is a nice change.

Take care mate, look forward to meeting up some time. πŸ‘πŸ‘

Nice relaxed approach Mike.....like you say.......what ever takes your fancy at the time......its good to have the options :thumbsup:
What breed of Dog do you have?........got a few dog lovers on here.

Yes indeed......be good to meet up one day :thumbsup:

Back