• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Funghi

IAM ODIN

Extremely Talkative
Any idea what this is chaps and chapettes ? Edible or non edible?

Attachments

• 20210302_114916.jpg
    20210302_114916.jpg
    450 KB · Views: 104
Either that or it could also be winter polypore or bay polypore....both found on deciduous deadwood late autumn, winter, through to early spring, neither of which are edible.

And as always with fungi, if you don't know don't touch, I personally know less than nothing about our wild growing shrooms etc, would not touch a single one after reading some of the horror stories, oops, just realised I've contradicted myself, I do know something, don't touch them, did I say that enough already đź‘Ť

Funghi are a bit like Humans, Odin. They start off looking soft, pale and smooth and then turn leathery, darker and wrinkled as they age. Many are harmless but some are downright poisonous, but all eventually either quietly fall off their tree or wither away. Others get themselves in a stew and get eaten by people who know what to look for when seeking a free meal.
The ones to be wary of are those that pretend to be something else, but if you know what you are dealing with they won't cause you any problems.

An old Chinese proverb..I just made up..:lol:...:lol:

Back