• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

FX Wildcat 111 has arrived.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
9a2a9b7b-2cea-4cfd-9a8c-0d8f04606909.jpg
FX Wildcat MKIII has arrived!
ca6f8ce8-5261-4004-8510-db0293ef0eec.jpg

Attachments

• 9a2a9b7b-2cea-4cfd-9a8c-0d8f04606909.jpg
    9a2a9b7b-2cea-4cfd-9a8c-0d8f04606909.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 17
  • ca6f8ce8-5261-4004-8510-db0293ef0eec.jpg
    ca6f8ce8-5261-4004-8510-db0293ef0eec.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 33
What stunning bit of kit...and only weighing in a 6 lbs un- scoped.
Could be trading the Pulsar in.....any takers on it :whistle: :rofl:

Probably a nice gun but I don't like the look of it. Prefer something more classic.

I'm with you on that, whether intentional or not it just looks 'tacticool'. I had a shot of something similar (no idea exactly) and it did feel ergonomic (I'm used to an SA80) but I'm too self conscious but each to their own. No judgements from me, I'm not claiming any moral high ground but a springer or under/side lever does for me.

Edit to add - Other options including PCP or whatnot are'cool' with me too, just that the bullpup for me looks to 'military'. Again, no judgements and no offence intended, we all have our preferences.

It's not really my bag either but I can definitely see the attraction. The 2018 model has a very good reputation....by gum you're going to have to trim a few mullets to pay for one of them though.

Yes it would certainly bring out the starship trooper in a shooter :D

A couple of years ago I was up for the "FX Impact"...really fancied that rifle......stunningly accurate and consistent for long range shooting.
When asked about delivery time for the Impact......don't know....maybe a month....maybe 2..............oh I see......maybe.
That did not do it for me so I went Gaystate route and bought the Pulsar.......never looked back.

Still think the Wildcat 3 is a thing of beauty though........only posted it up for interests sake.....not bloody buying one :(:D

Last edited:
I’m in two minds; I am a fan of bullpup designs for the practical compactness they offer and to my mind this would be the perfect working tool to be carried in the back of a 4x4 on my imaginary estate however it’s bloody expensive for a tool!

The issue of “tacticool” is a strange one; if something is to be purely functional, which carries an inherent beauty of its own, then you’d expect it to look military, if the military procurement process has been done correctly; at the same time i find images of shooters, usually dressed like a (unusually fat) member of a special forces strike team, with every conceivable accessory bolted onto miles of rail space ridiculous.

If I win the lottery I’d consider it but not for now!

Great looking rifle. I've never shot an FX before. I see yours has the super smooth twist barrel, it will be interesting to see how it groups and if it's pellet fussy.

If anyone here is thinking of hunting for unicorns then there is also this offering...about as hard to find as unicorn poo.

Great looking rifle. I've never shot an FX before. I see yours has the super smooth twist barrel, it will be interesting to see how it groups and if it's pellet fussy.

Hi @elsenham177

I do not actually own the above ^^^^ FX rifle mate......I posted it up for interest :thumbsup:
Very nearly bought the FX Impact a couple of years back though.
Only reason I did not get it back then..... was the terrible customer service.......... at the time.

That may have changed for the better now though.

It was for the above reason I went for the Daystate Pulsar FAC instead.
Only tried 2 types/makes of pellet through her.....AA Field 25.4gr and JSB Exact Kings 25.39gr........both in .25
On the JSB diet she delivers good accuracy.

DSC02917.JPG

Group shot in prone position off of the bipod......slight breeze right to left.

Target info should read .25.....not .22

If anyone here is thinking of hunting for unicorns then there is also this offering...about as hard to find as unicorn poo.

Now THAT ...........is a Marmite rifle Mike :D

Back