• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

FX Wildcat 111 has arrived.

Hi @elsenham177

I do not actually own the above ^^^^ FX rifle mate......I posted it up for interest :thumbsup:
Very nearly bought the FX Impact a couple of years back though.
Only reason I did not get it back then..... was the terrible customer service.......... at the time.

That may have changed for the better now though.

It was for the above reason I went for the Daystate Pulsar FAC instead.
Only tried 2 types/makes of pellet through her.....AA Field 25.4gr and JSB Exact Kings 25.39gr........both in .25
On the JSB diet she delivers good accuracy.

DSC02917.JPG

Group shot in prone position off of the bipod......slight breeze right to left.

Target info should read .25.....not .22
At 100 yards I would be more than happy to get a group like that with the .22lr, that's beautiful shooting Bil.

Are self loading air rifles legal on the UK? I didn’t think they were.

I'm not sure, I know .22rimfire are specifically exempt but couldn't find an exemption for self loading air weapons there is also the complication that these are FAC so they may be class 5 restricted.
It may be a case of approaching the coroners office for a ruling.

Last edited:
I’m sure I’d read that self loading air rifles were banned, even as FAC, despite the irony that you could have a self loading rimfire which includes .22 WMR!

Didn’t know if the law has changed.

Even stranger that it doesn't specifically exempt other rimfire calibers such as .177hmr ....I've asked the Home Office, I suspect that is like air bows in the respect that it temporarily falls outside legislation.

Last edited:
Back